All Jazzed Up Cylon Raider Revell/ Monogram

SwedishChef

I picked this kit up at a model contest a few years ago and wanted to get away from the plain look of the out-of-the-box kit. I loved the idea of the hybrid classic/reimagined Raider in the new Galactica series and went my own direction with this. The louvered window of the cockpit is scratch-built, and there are three little cylons sitting inside. I had to do a lot of cutting and carving to make all of that work as it was originally just a solid closed piece. The stock laser cannons were flipped upside down and inserted underneath scratch-built Gatling guns complete with ammo belts (since the reimagined series did not use lasers). Added a lot of greeblies, etched panel lines and rivets as well. The model was painted with shades of Alclad Pale Gold, and the markings were hand painted. There are purple LEDs inside for the engines and cockpit.
Funny thing is, as I was finishing this up a few years ago, Moebius announced their 1/32 scale Cylon Raider kit. Go figure. At least this one isn’t so massive!
Untitled 6.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Untitled 3.jpg
Untitled 5.jpg
Untitled 4.jpg
Untitled 7.jpg
Untitled 8.jpg
Untitled 9.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back