Aligning Lasers - How To, (Really easy)

Pestvic

Ok so This will be the start of my How to on aligning lasers. For me, this worked Really well and Really easy on a Wolf bio by Casey, Assuming that other bios have the room for Lasers and a thickish cast to cut into (you barely need to cut into the mask) then you should be set to go.

Materials needed:
1.) Laser diodes x3 - i used these (Very cheap and very easy to wire in)
http://aixiz.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=45

Here is how i wired them in. Very simple. You can get a mini slider switch from radio shack for like $1
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...ductId=2062492# (comes with 2 in a pack) it says $2.69 but at my local store they were like 99cents or 1.99.

Diagram:
leddiodewiring-1.png

There is no need for Any resistors at all. I run all three off of only 2 AAA batteries. I've had them on for a long long time and nothing went wrong or heated up or anything.
(ill post a picture on how the wiring looks in my bio right now tomorrow. and when i clean it up as well)

2.) A Dremel or something to carve the mask enough to fit the laser diode in a the mask a little bit

3.) Hard Clay that never dries and stays firm when you move and mold it. (i used a $2 sculpty clay block i got at Ben Franklyns )

4.) Crazy glue (to set them, or use quick setting epoxy)

5.) OH i forgot, a 2x AAA battery holder, again $1.99 at radioshack
(this is what i have) http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102737

(dont worry if any of this doesnt make sence yet, i will be making a video explaining how its done soon, that is if anyone is interested in it)

Anyway here is the results. The dots are exactly 3/4" spaced apart from eachother in every way.

photo-1.jpg

This is at the 10 ft mark. I chose to keep it 3/4" apart because when you shine the laser even further. the tri dots barely spread out more. which give that true small triangle dot feel you see in the P1 movie.

Also i got to mention that these lasers focus the beam into a small - (dash) type of look. (pretty much line lasers) but they look like dots at the 10ft mark and after, but it is so cool when you see the laser aligned when you make them look like this

laserpattern.png

here is the diodes in the bio

photo2-2.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

Again let me know if you guys are interested Ill post the video a.s.a.p. i just want to make sure you guys are interested. I would make the video tonight but im too tired. :p (1:04am)

To sum up the process. you take the dremel and carve into the mask just enough so that the diode fits then you take the clay and put it on the diode. then you adjust the diode around until you find the right spot, the clay should hold the diode in place. From there you glue around the diode where its sitting in the hole where you carved. Hard to explain ill try to show everyone in the video

Thanks for reading!

Yes, please! Video! I'm having the hardest time getting these things aligned. But then, I'm trying to do it externally, then insert it into the Bio, so I can remove the whole assembly, should repair be needed, and to make aiming simple. After all, if you get them all nice and lined up in, say, a metal flashlight assembly (shortened, of course), it's cake to adjust where the lasers aim in relation to how the individual user wears the bio...

Yes, please! Video! I'm having the hardest time getting these things aligned. But then, I'm trying to do it externally, then insert it into the Bio, so I can remove the whole assembly, should repair be needed, and to make aiming simple. After all, if you get them all nice and lined up in, say, a metal flashlight assembly (shortened, of course), it's cake to adjust where the lasers aim in relation to how the individual user wears the bio...
Great idea! I thought about making an assembly but I liked the look of the mask laser holes from the front to much haha but the process should be the same insert the diodes and add clay from the back, then after aligned, epoxy the diodes in from the front then add the flashlight cap for the housing. At least that's what popped onto my head on how to align that type of laser setup :p

started editing the video. sorry its taking forever, got caught up with getting a new place. have to plan the move and all that.... anyway im not even sure i have people following this thread anymore. but tomorrow the vid should be up :p

Awesome tutorial, greatly appreciated. Thanks for showing where you retrieved the materials you used as well. Awaiting the video as well. :p

Awesome tutorial, greatly appreciated. Thanks for showing where you retrieved the materials you used as well. Awaiting the video as well.

yeah man im glad you liked it ;) the video has been edited. im just getting some work done first on my youtube channel (posting reviews for some sites)

ill post the video within the week. Saturday at the latest

yeah man im glad you liked it ;) the video has been edited. im just getting some work done first on my youtube channel (posting reviews for some sites)

ill post the video within the week. Saturday at the latest

maaan where was this video 4 hrs ago i totally effed up one of my 3 lasers...FML

maaan where was this video 4 hrs ago i totally effed up one of my 3 lasers...FML

Dude im so sorry what happened?

As for the update, Sorry for the wait guys. The videos are uploading as I type this. Expect the links tonight :)

I got WAY caught up with Moving to a new place, the move, setup, waiting for the cable/internet took a LONG time

anyway im back and i hope you like the vids!!
(will add links here when done uploading)

Perfect step by step. Just received my lasers this week and the vids. will be my guide. Thanks for taking the time to put this togehter....especially with all the move hassles.

Perfect step by step. Just received my lasers this week and the vids. will be my guide. Thanks for taking the time to put this togehter....especially with all the move hassles.

no problem man im glad it will help :) everyone should post results with this method of their lasers :D

Thanks again everyone for all the support

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back