Aliens vs Predators III (AvP3) - Petition signature

:rolleyes: I know who it /she/he is..I was just being sarcastic. :D I don’t care for the character at all, she’s far to over the top for me. I can understand the author wishing to portray a woman in a strong, leading and positive light; but damn! He tried too hard with Machiko and got in wrong. I read ‘Prey’ and yes, you’re right AVP was loosely based on the machiko and Dachunde characters. Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction concerning this and in such a civil manner too.
~Estelle
P.S.
I signed the petition..I just want to SEE more preds. :lol:

Haha well I feel stupid lol. I thought it was strange that you asked but ya never know. Sorry haven't had my coffee yet.

P.S: Skyline was by the Strause brothers? *stifles back laughter* How these guys continue to get work is beyond me. That movie didn't even have critic reviews the week it came out (still don't know if it does at this point). Major facepalm.

Actually, there have been A few reviews, though I tend to agree with the majority of the user reviews on IMDB, give or take a star. Though Skyline reads as piss poor as far as user reviews go (I won't waste my time after AVP-R), it made over double the budget, so we are probably doomed to another monstrosity from these guys...

As far as being able to bring back Ridley Scott, Fox was also able to convince Giger to return (Actually, I believe I read that Ridley wanted Giger to return), which BLOWS ME AWAY considering the treatment Fox has previously given Giger regarding his creation. I agree with you and hope Fox stays the hell away and lets these two visionaries do what they do best, create another epic film...

Why not start our own petition? We're the biggest predator fans out there and we appreciate and love both genre's. Besides Winston and a few other, who knows how the predator and alien act, fight, etc...more then us?

What do you guys think? The largest and most informed Predator site in the world, why not let us take a crack at it.

Wouldn't it be sweet.....

Fox presents, in association with Winston Studios and The Hunters Lair.... Alien vs Predator:III

Why not start our own petition? We're the biggest predator fans out there and we appreciate and love both genre's. Besides Winston and a few other, who knows how the predator and alien act, fight, etc...more then us?

What do you guys think? The largest and most informed Predator site in the world, why not let us take a crack at it.

Honestly, I think it (The filming of a third AVP) should wait until after Ridley is finished with the Alien prequals. Personally, I have all the faith in the world that Scott is going to create something epic that rivals his original and will thus put even more weight behind his name for future films with FOX. If anyone is going to do it justice, it's Scott, with the obvious inclusion of both Giger and SWS...

See Brothers! how good we discuss these things and we get so many opinions, I must agree with Blade3327, I also found weak Requiem, but ... I would like to see something good and different to our beloved characters. This week I finished playing AVP 3 on the PC and played with all races ... the end of the season with the Mariners regained a datapad containing the coordinates of the planet xeno, if everyone remembers the final requiem for a plasma cannon and go recovered by the military and my imagination says that we still have a shipment on the screens interespacial.
who also played in Predator concrete jungle playstation 2 history knows that humans invade the planet from Predators, Remember that in AVP 2 shows the planet? he is surrounded by asteroids and has a reddish atmosphere.

Well .... well today considering everything we've discussed here and rethinking what I think, would not sign this petition but would like to make another in what we all feel is important: New movie very well done, good director, good lighting, a nice studio, a story that involves the past and the future the Elder Predator showing the character in its glory days hunting in the early days of our planet, perhaps teaching the younger hunters his antics. I wish they made a movie that reveals the mysteries of everything we've seen in all ever made: the gun predator 2 delivered later as a trophy. The sale of trophies inside the craft that impresses with many skulls. I thought it would be nice
That's it

predador_na_mata_01.png

You get a bunch of people that hate the first AVP and a bunch of people that hate the sequel. I hated the first one because Paul Anderson directs the same sort of film over and over again

There is a tomb/lab/ship something bad goes down. A bunch of scientists and soldiers go in, nothing happens for a while and the suspense builds. All **** goes off and everyone except one dies. Im sure he used the same script for AVP, Event horizon, and resident evil and changed a few lines about.

However in requiem i enjoyed it because FINALLY i got to see an alien on earth in a town. No more claustophobic ships in space in the future. I always wanted to see a bunch of xenos climbing "big jims gun shop" or hiding in a tree, this film brought that. However it also brought the over used cliche cheesy "teenage schoolboy who gets bullied by the jocks and is very good friends with the jocks girlfriend, who eventually gets the girl (who also gets nailed to the wall)"

If they do an AVP 3 I would desperatly want to see it based on the famous 90's comic Book one with Machiko Noguchi. I like to think the end of requiem was really pointing towards that arc, but we will see. I'm not all that enthusiastic about the brothers Strause doing it again because they did skyline and that was a big disapointment.

I'd happily sign a petition preventing the Strauss brothers from going within 500 yards of an AVP3 movie. I hate the term 'reboot', but that's what this needs...just pretend the first two never happened, and yes, make the broken tusk/machiko story. AVP seemed to be using that comic as inspiration, but didn't do a great job.

The best part of AVPR was Wolf, and the second best part was seeing that chick nailed to the wall with a shuriken.

I signed it. I would really like it if the Strauss bro's didnt make it (AVPR was not too good... as said many times) But the way I see it is which would be better? An OK movie from the brothers that is hopefully better than its formers, or no movie at all? If only they could get the guys here on The Hunters Lair to make designs for the suits, I havent been here long but I have seen some amazing custom builds (I for one am working on one ATM).

so basically, no Strauss brothers, no crappy story, no longer a teen slasher movie, and for god sake... FIRE REQUIEM'S LIGHTING COORDINATOR!!!

I agree with what Blade3327 said. Besides, other than fans of the franchise, who would want to go see another AVP film? Maybe kids, but then it would have to get a PG-13 rating...

The Predator franchise got a good reboot last year with Predators (IMO not as good as P1 but better than P2), and a new AVP film might nullify that effort.

Do we really want predators and aliens to be linked with each other and be known like that to the majority of people? I think they're both cool, especially predators, but I really dislike the mash-ups.

For all of you who want another AVP film because you want to see a predator in action: do you think it's worth seeing a predator in action in a crappy movie that is likely - judging on its predecessors - to give both the Alien and Predator franchise a bad rep?

Needless to say I'm not signing the petition.

Strause brothers...NO!!!
Start our own petition...YES!!!

I think their needs to be more pred homeworld,maybe a gladiatorial arena where the young pred's are taught how to fight or something along those lines would be nice to see in a film.

Strause brothers...NO!!!
Start our own petition...YES!!!

I think their needs to be more pred homeworld,maybe a gladiatorial arena where the young pred's are taught how to fight or something along those lines would be nice to see in a film.

Eh I think it would be beat to keep the predator homeworld shrouded in mystery. Or else the character just becomes too familiar and has lost it's sense of mystery to the audience.

People fear what they can not understand lol. To the best of my knowledge I think many would like to see the character in action opposed to explaining the race as a whole, makes it more fun for us to fill in the blanks xD.

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie where the predator is doing his thing and they make no effort to explain it's origin, like Predator, the first movie. It was just an ugly ass bad ass alien messing people up.

You really didn't know why or where it's intentions lied but it made for an awesome movie, just a bad ass intergalactic hunter doin it's thing.

AVP wise we get to see our favorite hunter beat the **** out of bugs... I'd pay to see that..

I think a few people have hit the nail on the head in this topic.

REBOOTING AVP would possiby be a good thing, try to get away from the 1st 2 abominations ( although certain things from each film were good, the overall feel/look overshadowed potential )

I see it like this, ( personally, i am in no way claiming fact etc. )

The AVP series was a let down, and a B moive style let down at that, IF it was to be rebooted....... and taken seriously, it would require a decent writer/Director/Cast/Budget. And i am honestly not sure FOX see it as big enough to risk, even if they did, would it get a high calibre director? i mean sci-fi horror is not exactly top of the tree genre wise, and i am not sure any worthy director would see it as something to boost/bolster their portfolio.

Maybe that will change with Ridleys Prometheus, who knows, maybe the genre will become " THE IN THING!"

I would not be against it being rebooted, if done correctly, ( example Batman Begins ) That would mean ditching any ideas of the self proclaimed "the brothersstrause" as frankly they are not upto it.

It can be done, but FOX need to back it in the proper way, theres a saying FOX " you have to speculate to accumulate " i am sure you made a decent amount of Predators, and even though it had its flaws, it was a huge step in the right direction, you can do the same with AVP..............i hope.

Signed, but don't want it to be so dark you cant see what is going on like AVPR. Its like oh oh oooooooooh......um what just happened? I don't know because i cant see ****!!!

I think they just need to hire everyone and the immense talent here from the Lair and go for it!!! Would be wayyy better than anything Hollywood could comeup with. Can you imagine what we could do collectively with a high budget??

Totally no.... Wolf was a good one, but is ways were too much diferent of the other Predators, while some would get help, knowin ow the Aliens would infest the World, he doesnt even try and go alone, and if the Predalien had the Pretadors Memorys, and honor, he would take the weapons of the ship with him, it would be awesome to see an Armed Predalien vs 3 Elders Predators, in what could be the end of life in Earth, but no, they just made the Predalien looks like a dude that prefers to send everyone before fight, made Wolf look like an arrogant wanting to hunt alone to get all the glory, and the worst of all: The movie was about teens, not abou Predators vs Aliens, If it was about freaking teens, they shoul call it ''Boring Teens in: Alien Vs Predator'', and the violence, god help us, when I see the trailer i though in something like bodys everywhere, Predators Disemboweling people while they still alive, aliens chstbustering everyone and everything, heck even a Queen, but no, we got an Predator that barely kills someone, aliens that kill people offscreen, and an Predalien that can make womens go alien pregnant, and wors of all, really psycothic scenes, like Aliens killing babys in a hospital, this isnt scary, this is psych....

And the lightning sucks, yeah....

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back