Aliens vs. Predator game: Too gory for Germany + preview

Jim N

Hi folks, got some news on the new AVP game...

Aliens vs. Predator game: Too gory for Germany

Taken from joystiq.com:-

Sega has confirmed that it will not release Aliens vs. Predator in Germany. Following a report that suggested the publisher would avoid the German market altogether, we contacted Sega, which explained that the game wouldn't make it to retail in Germany "without significant cuts that would harm the gameplay experience." The publisher maintained that AVP was "developed to be consistent with the existing content in the Aliens and Predator universes," and added that the "gameplay and graphical and narrative style befit the mature themes" of the franchises.

AVP is expected to receive an "18 rating" (or the equivalent) in territories outside of Germany and an M rating in the US. When asked about the status of the title in Australia, Sega told us that there was no word yet from the region. It would certainly be interesting if the German market was ruled out due to the game's violence (and the threat of not receiving a rating by USK, the German ratings board), but Australia and its similarly stringent board prove more accepting of the content. We'll continue to follow up with the publisher.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/11/aliens-v...ing-in-germany/

Also news and a preview of the new game here (11mb magazine download)
: http://www.gamerzines.com/downloads/magazines/PCGZine_36.pdf

Well worth a look!

It doesn't suprise me that germany would not be on board with the game because they have banned a lot of games with an 18+ rating on almost every game popular here in the US just another one to add to their list.

Guys, is it really needed to open a new topic every week with just a tidbit of info?

I opened one a year ago, but lately I've seen about 10 topics.

On Topic though: Not surprised, as Rebellion refused to tone down the gore-amount in the game, which is good IMO. Though the trophykills happen too often to my taste in released video's, I think it's well executed and it serves the purpose of being faithful to the films.

Also, The predator has had a cosmetic update: his wristblades look more like wristblades instead of his ADI-styled flaps (I'm sorry ADI, you make some good stuff, but you raped a classic) and he's got nails again instead of stubby fingers.

Hi guys,

yes it's very bad that we in Germany are not able to play the most of the games uncut and so on...
Even COD: MF2 ist cut in Germany, the airport sequence... you are not able to shoot the hostages.
I dont wanna discuss if it is necessary to play something like that but anything else is equal to the US/UK version.
Does it make sense? You can see the terrorist shoot the other people...

But thanks to the credit card industry people older than 18 can import titles like AVP from around the world!

Probably you guys know the incredible RAMMSTEIN....

Their newest CD "Liebe ist für alle da" sold 300.000 times (3 times gold status) got on the list too!
2 weeks after the release...

Regards from Germany
flo

Its a shame that AVP3 dont come to Germany, my plans to get this Game in my suit have died T_T

But, watch your Backs when i swing my spear, will also use my Board name

btw what versions you lot playing?

I normally get FPS games on my PC (is beefy enough to run most things at the moment on full) due to the mouse/keyboard thing, but I think with this a pad may help with the alien and predator movements etc, so may go PS3.
Then again I am touring again from Jan so may splash out and get both. PS3 for the 2 alien races and PC for the marines!

I am going to have to go for PC, mainly because I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360...shocking I know but I started on the computer and never got into console games. Plus I work alot better with mouse and keyboard then controller.

I normally get FPS games on my PC (is beefy enough to run most things at the moment on full) due to the mouse/keyboard thing, but I think with this a pad may help with the alien and predator movements etc, so may go PS3.
Then again I am touring again from Jan so may splash out and get both. PS3 for the 2 alien races and PC for the marines!
oh well if your going with ps3 then i'll have to make you one of my bitches :(

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back