Aliens vs Predator 2010 Game M41A2

micks75au

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Spotted this on Youtube yesterday, definately an interesting build. Looks like he has built it onto an Airsoft AR-15, Do I have that right?

YouTube - ‪M41A/2

Would not mind finding out more about this build if anyone has any information

Gigatron

Sr Member
Looks like some kind of mash-up. Like an AR-15 lower, with a tommy upper. But everything is backwards. The counter and charging handle should be on the right side of the gun - unless he built it for a lefty. But did they ever make a left-handed version of the Thompson? Or maybe the video is just flipped. But then I don't know if the ARs had a select-fire switch on both sides, either.

Would be interested to see what the experts have to say.

-Fred

micks75au

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
He's based it from the game models and footage which have the counter and the cocking handle on the left. Thats is a big defference yes. But IMO that seems more natural for a right handed firer. Technically if you are right handed your right (or Master) hand should never leave the grip. Its the one thing that always struck me as awkward on the M41A1 (and for that matter the Thompson).

SSgt Burton

Sr Member
Like an AR-15 lower, with a tommy upper. But everything is backwards. The counter and charging handle should be on the right side of the gun - unless he built it for a lefty. But did they ever make a left-handed version of the Thompson? Or maybe the video is just flipped. But then I don't know if the ARs had a select-fire switch on both sides, either.

(I'm not expert on real guns by any stretch, but have seen my share of Pulse Rifles.)

It definitely looks like an AR or M-16/M-4 lower.

I don't know what the heck the upper actually is (it actually looks like a toy I've seen recently), but I do know it isn't a Thompson.

The only variation of the Thompson with the charging handle NOT on the right side was the M1928, which had the handle on the top.

Far as I know the ARs only have select fire switches on the left side.

I'd be very interested to know what the upper receiver (and barrel section) is.

Kevin

Gigatron

Sr Member
He's based it from the game models and footage which have the counter and the cocking handle on the left. Thats is a big defference yes. But IMO that seems more natural for a right handed firer. Technically if you are right handed your right (or Master) hand should never leave the grip. Its the one thing that always struck me as awkward on the M41A1 (and for that matter the Thompson).

Well, I had an opportunity to play around with an M249 and an M240, about 2 weekends ago, and both of them had the charging handle on the right hand side.

My feeling is that it's because the weight bearing hand is generally the left hand and it's much too awkward to shift the weight. If you're bearing the weight of the gun between your left hand and right shoulder, it's fairly easy to pull the charging handle with the right hand. Besides, you only pull the handle when you've changed magazines, so your hand was off the grip, anyway.

-Fred

Last edited:

wolfhound

Ya know, I realy loath this version of the M41A, I just think it's one of the big reasons why some game studios shouldn't be allowed anywhere near respected film licences, they even screwed up the flamethrower in AVP-2010 aswell!!!

Oh well could have been worse, they could have made a screwed up version the E2 based on the description in the tech manual.

Nice replica though, but don't think the AR-15 cannibliseation works too well.

Now thats a work of art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am76xV8Aubk&feature=related

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.