Aliens Stasis Tube

joeranger

Sr Member
My face hugger is one of the smaller ones so I had to scale down the tube. Fun project, still needs the light ( as soon as I find my solder gun) and some other details.
tube_2.jpg

great looking. :thumbsup

here is a pic of my small hugger and my Wallyworld stasis chamber.

with bubbles and light. :)

john :cool

Originally posted by phase pistol@Mar 13 2006, 04:25 AM
Those look pretty good. :thumbsup

Are those the Hasbro facehugger from awhile back?

- k
[snapback]1204579[/snapback]​

mine is,

they are realy cool and can still be picked up on Ebay cheap. :D

especially if you dont want to put your Halycon in water. :confused

mines been wet for a couple years and has not degraded. :)

john :cool

Very cool.

I always loved that prop. I have a 1/6 scale one to fit a GI Joe...and also made these 1:1 versions.

3.jpg

Can we get the full size tube to be an active project? Im about to get married and Im gonna redisplay my Aliens stuff when she moves in...and this would be an awesome piece to have displayed. So, lets get you guys with the resourses to share the info:)

Derek

PS..in case youre wondering...Yes, she is gonna let me dispaly my Aliens stuff in the house.."as long as its nice and neat"...hehe

Thanks for the "tube envy" guys :cry

Correct me if I am wrong, but the screen accurate ones pictured are very difficult and time intensive. Reason being the fact that the acrylic tube is open on both ends and a precision milled or cast inset creates the seal. Just out of curiosity, what would the cost be?

damn,

I was just about to make one of those fror my face hugger, i thought i was being original.

Ah well, at least i now know it can be done.

should be a pretty easy project?

all those lok amazing by the way

Very nice. I have both a Halcyon (unassembled) and a Hasbro Facehugger. It's been on the back burner, but I intend to make a stasis tube for it at some time. VERY nice job you did.

I also have a tiny facehugger that came with an action figure - the one of Winona Rider, I think. I believe it's a little smaller than the one in Surfergeeks pic.

SO. How about someone share the details of the tube top, base, and controls? :)

Jay

I seen this project idea come together afew times, and everytime, it was very costly for materials, the acrylic especially, so i'd be suprised to see this finally get off the ground

If there's going to be a project, I'd be very interseted in participating. If not, then I'd love a tutorial or even general information about the build, materials, and blueprints.

A lighted, bubbling stasis tube has got to be about the most visually striking way to display a face hugger. :thumbsup

{EDIT} Spelling. I guess nobody here's keeping a face hugger in a "statis" tube. :$

joeranger,

it appears that your tube is closed on the bottom? What did you use? A vase or some other glass piece?

You could even make it jerk around when someone went near the tube... I don't exactly know how this would be possible, but I'm just throwing out ideas here, haha. Imagine your new GF going up to the tube... JUMPS RIGHT AT HER.. AHH..

One question... what would be the best facehugger to buy? There are a few on ebay, one good one is the "CretureFX" one. Can anyone attest as to the quality of it, and how good it would look in a tube? Also, how does the finish on the facehugger not come off in the liquid? Is it some special liquid, or a special finish on the model itself?

I dont know what the cost would be...but Im still down for this project. Im selling all of my SW collection, and my fiance agrees that whatever prop money I make can go back into props...

Derek

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back