aliens pulse rifle scratchbuild

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

barrie

Hi every one, well I had to have a go at this one day so here it is full size pulse rifle built from flat plastic sheet with no kit bits, only the addition of a piece of evergreen plastic tube for the top barrel of the gun, even the screw heads are hand made from sheet. I hope you guys like it please let kn know and be honest as this will help me make better models in the future.

regards Barrie ( the old marine 66, well I wished I had been )

Attachments

• DSCF2953.jpg
    DSCF2953.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF2964.jpg
    DSCF2964.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF2977.jpg
    DSCF2977.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF2987.jpg
    DSCF2987.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF3006.jpg
    DSCF3006.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF3054.jpg
    DSCF3054.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF3056.jpg
    DSCF3056.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF3048.jpg
    DSCF3048.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF3057.jpg
    DSCF3057.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 82

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Duncanator

Sr Member
Really great scratch building! Very well done!

The only critique that I would offer (and you did ask) is that you have sharper edges on the parts of the gun than the originals did. You could radius the edges of the grip and green shrouds quite a bit more.
But that is being nit-picking. It looks great.

barrie

Really great scratch building! Very well done!

The only critique that I would offer (and you did ask) is that you have sharper edges on the parts of the gun than the originals did. You could radius the edges of the grip and green shrouds quite a bit more.
But that is being nit-picking. It looks great.
Hello Mr Duncanator,
nitty gritty is fine with me, the only way to improve is to make mistakes, if I do another pulse rifle ( which I am sure to do in the future ) I will build the handle from thicker plastic sheet and then I will be able to round of the edges a little more. My main problem when doing the build was trying to find accurate drawings with dimensions on, there are some drawings but no back or front views which give the actual thickness on the handle and other parts. Maybe some will see this post and produce a very good set of drawings ( I hope so ).

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Rcw

Hey barrie. sometimes you just need to guesstimate. You could hit up some of the 3d printer guys on here as im sure someone could get you closer dimensionally.As far as the build goes its not just good. Its really good. In context,being scratch built and your first kick at it well done you. Suggestions for rounding corners ive found heat curving tube of your size choice then bonding flat panels to that saves a ton of sculpting and keeps it true round continuously. Just food for thought. Stay healthy.