Aliens Pulse rifle digital print build with sound and working counter.

ScottyBates

Hi. This is my first attempt at anything like this so I'm just going to wing it.
Ever since I first saw Aliens like 20 years ago ive always wanted my own pulse rifle. Living in Victoria Australia with such strict gun laws acuiring a screen accurate replica is near impossible. Most of the resin builds ive seen havent really won me over either. I really wanted one that could play the sound aswell as have a working trigger, counter and ejectable mag.
Ive recently acquired a digital print in several pieces aswell as a toy Thompson sub machine gun with ejecting mag that i plan to Frankenstein together along with the appropriate digital triggers. I will post pics of my progress in the comments.
Wish me luck :) 20160927_123509.jpg20160928_214906.jpg20160928_232204.jpg

Last edited:
:popcorn All the best with your pulse rifle build. Thanks for the pics. Looking good so far. A lot of work there but it all looks like fun mixed in with some pain. No pain, no gain they say.
Inspires me to get my pulse rifle parts out from storage and continue with building it....been on the backburner for a long time.:thumbsup

Cheers! Yeh its prooving to be quite the tedious project, especially trying to get the magazine to go in flush whilst also hitting the trigger for the counter. Ill upload a few pics of that process also.
Will be so much more rewarding when i have it finished with the effort that went into building it!

It is possible to buy and import pulse rifles into Australia, it's a matter of filling in the right forms.

Your build is looking good so far, keep the pics coming;)

There is different laws for different states, Victoria being the the most strict and i really didn't want to risk it after doing some extensive research!
I think I'm glad I decided to DIY it though as I really wanted it to have sound and a eject-able mag, I might even order a working grenade launcher for it in the future :)

- - - Updated - - -

There is different laws for different states, Victoria being the the most strict and i really didn't want to risk it after doing some extensive research!
I think I'm glad I decided to DIY it though as I really wanted it to have sound and a eject-able mag, I might even order a working grenade launcher for it in the future :)

- - - Updated - - -

20160929_162626.jpg20160930_011312.jpg

20161001_100513.jpg20161002_053230~2.jpg20161002_183619~2.jpgIve had a really hard time finding the right color for the paint and i think I'm going to go over it again on the shroud but overall I'm pretty ****ing happy! The counter works with the trigger, I just need to hook up the fx board to the speakers. Ive left the battery back and electronics out of the gun as I plan to have them attached to the belt when I get it that way it isn't as much of a stuff around if I need to fix anything. Ill post more pictures once I'm happy with the color and have it on display

The mag well is a little to wide front to back. That is the only glaring detail that is not accurate I can see. Otherwise, nice build!!!! Expecially given you cant import parts.

Yeah I also think its a little too long at the butt, also the handle that came with it was definitely not to scale as i could barely wrap my hand around it and reach the trigger which is why I opted to keep the handle from the toy gun. I actually think its pretty cool though having that wood grain look.

I'm starting a build also ... I am currently 3D designing my own reproduction and I'm hoping to make it the best 3D printable version available worldwide.
It's so hard for us Aussies with our gun laws, can't import real gun parts ..not even a stock ! .. can't import Airsoft ..it's s#!t !!!
Check out my thread cause I'm determined to offer something to fill the gap.
Keep up the good work

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back