Aliens inspired cheapy M40 push top grenade prop

Nerfenstein

I always feel real trepidation about posting here because I'm a relative beginner so I don't have the mad skills / equipment for exact replicas (my fear comes from lack of skill, not the people here, who are always so lovely). Anyway I hope you'll forgive this isn't a perfect replica, but I thought the idea might be of use to others, particularly people with small budgets (like me).

Whilst sipping a flavored water a few weeks ago I realized the pop cap might make a cool grenade prop and that's how this came into being.

Aliens-M40-inspired-push-top-grenade-prop-FIN.jpg

Hope you like it and if you need a write-up and WIP I documented it for others at my website.

Very nice.

I once did a grenade for a fan film using an empty shampoo bottle and a hair barrette. ;)

Improvising something good out of whatever is available, is a skill that few people have.

I like em; maybe given the size (and the WY branding), they could be civilian seismic charges?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back