Aliens Grenade? Someone please help?

spike666

Hello there evryone, I am new on here and really look forward to talking to like minded folk.

I love collecting movie props, esp screen used but if I love the film enough i will collect anything.

My biggest passion is for Aliens and all related to it however I have a query on something I own and do not know what to do...

I was bought a "Screen used M41 Grenade from Aliens" as it is described on the certificate I recd with it from my ex girlfriend in Essex. It was bought from a store called ... actualyl ill come back to you on that as I can not remember the name but wuill repost soon... however I have been told by people in the prop industry that it is not real and fake.... To this day, I have it on display in my prop room, thinking it to be worthless.. then today.. I found on "your props" site that there are two collectors with IDENTICAL ones as "Screen Used" props and that they both say the prop is from the locker room scene in Aliens only.. hence the Grebnade looking different to the flip cap one in the Vasquez suicide scene.

the grenade is Brown/copepry looking and heavy, machined and has a white faded rim and red top.

Can anyone help me to determin if this is real - please note I am not trying to sell .. I just want to know if its real.

Thanks so much everyone.

I believe I know the ones you mean. They have been doing the rounds for years. On the Aliens Legacy we used to call them the 'True Grenade' - but only in jest, since nobody has ever been able to see any evidence whatsoever of anything like them in the film. Also the original vendor was not the most trustworthy person.

If the certificate said 'screen-used' then whoever issued it should at least be able to point out where in the film they are. If not, they're misrepresenting the item.

Sadly, I think the fact is that somebody years ago decided these were 'probably' from Aliens, and simply didn't bother to check. Since then it has taken on a life of its own. The fact that other people own them doesn't really prove much, except that they believe their certificates too. :(

Who knows, one day someone might produce a photo or other evidence that they are real, in which case everybody who owns one will be happy! But you'd think after all these years, something would have come to light before now. :unsure

Hi guys, thanks for the replys from both of you - much appreciated.

I found out the name of the shop it was from called "Starbase" ( which seems not to exist anymore ) - I remeber they had stuff from back to the future and bits and pieces..how much of it was real I dont know.. I did love it in there though.

Regarding this grenade I have taken some pics for you all to check out.. To me.. It looks exactly the same as those other guys on "Your props.com" ( EG: Aliens Grenade original / screen-used prop weapons from Aliens (1986) )

The other thing I found whilst rummaging through my Aliens stuff was a receipt I think my ex must of kept for the grenade.. guess how much it cost her....... £30 .. pretty much says it all. I cant believe that anyone who had a grenade from Aliens.. even if it was back in the 90s...would sell it for that much..

The certificate I have looks weird too.. very "home made" looking.

Im hoping to build a pulse rifle soon, I used to have a brown bess one but sold it.. stupid..Any help people can give me on getting the shroud would be fantastic :)

Thanks for your help and if anyone else can shed any light please let me know here? :confused

Hi guys, thanks for the replys from both of you - much appreciated.

I found out the name of the shop it was from called "Starbase" ( which seems not to exist anymore ) - I remeber they had stuff from back to the future and bits and pieces..how much of it was real I dont know.. I did love it in there though.

Regarding this grenade I have taken some pics for you all to check out.. To me.. It looks exactly the same as those other guys on "Your props.com" ( EG: Aliens Grenade original / screen-used prop weapons from Aliens (1986) )

The other thing I found whilst rummaging through my Aliens stuff was a receipt I think my ex must of kept for the grenade.. guess how much it cost her....... £30 .. pretty much says it all. I cant believe that anyone who had a grenade from Aliens.. even if it was back in the 90s...would sell it for that much..

The certificate I have looks weird too.. very "home made" looking.

Im hoping to build a pulse rifle soon, I used to have a brown bess one but sold it.. stupid..Any help people can give me on getting the shroud would be fantastic :)

Thanks for your help and if anyone else can shed any light please let me know here? :confused
You can find a shroud from a gentleman, named , MATSUO ,here on the RPF.....a member here who specializes on the parts for Pulse Rifles.....contact him.......he will set you up on a great quality shroud.......Guy....:thumbsup

I think I'm one of the two guys from yourprops that you are referring to. Your grenade looks slightly different. Mine does not have the drill hole on the bottom that the one in the picture here has (mine is flat on the bottom). Purchased from offworld (uk) in 2002. I believe it was originally used as a background grenade, hanging from a grenade strip belt in the sulocco's locker in the scene before the marines wake up.

Seems like someone on the legacy boards ID'd those grenades as bogus and not used in any production whatsoever. I'm not sure about that, but I remember a discussion about them being used on the wrist bands of the commando's in Alien 3 as well. But I think it was a consensus that they were not from Aliens.

but I remember a discussion about them being used on the wrist bands of the commando's in Alien 3 as well.

Sure looks like it but it's hard to say without a hi-res picture.

a3soldiers.jpg

hello again everyone, Thank you all so much for all of these replies. Also cheers to the chap who has the grenade without the drill hole at the bottom.

The pics from Alien 3 look really near but it is really hard to say. I cant imagine its real .. I did think it was when I was younger becuase of the certificate I got but it was a hand made one, no 20th century fox cert or autographs or anything.

Ill keep mine on the shelf for now lol.

Also thank you so much for the help on the shroud.. :)

I dont know if any of you are interested in the film "Nightbreed" but im making a Dr Decker mask at the moment and will be posting pics soon, ( going to the Cabal cut in Winchester on the 30th !!!!) :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back