ALIENS Floor Tile (Screen/Production Used)

Sold for 250.00 USD - Out of Stock
Prop Store

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm really loathe to sell any of my Aliens stuff, but as I really don't have space for it in my Aliens section (on top of three overly-packed Detolf cases, lol) and some unforeseen expenses just popped up... I'm letting it go.

ON OFFER:
Screen or Production used Floor Tile with signed COA from the Movie Prop Warehouse.

1597946588663.png

What I know regarding the provenance of this piece:
  • This is obviously not a standard Sulaco tile. (I have one of those too in 1/4 scale.) It's also not an SFX piece, but a full-size part.
  • It's grimy and full of dirt/mud from on-set use. There also appear to be remnants of (silver?) paint coming off the back.
  • I have tried to find this tile in the movie and have spent hours going over production photos and behind-the-scenes clips. I have found a few possible locations in Hadley's Hope but nothing 100% conclusive. It is therefore not screen-matched.
  • When I got it in trade, many years ago, I started looking into its origins, since it didn't match anything we know about Aliens tiles and some doubted its authenticity. I had an e-mail exchange with the owner of the Movie Prop Warehouse about where it came from (I will share the exchange with the buyer of this tile, but it came from a big lot of props and set decor from one of the big studios in the UK as I recall.) It was suggested to me that it was used on the Narcissus set in the beginning of the film. (No idea if that's true as we don't really see the entire floor.)
  • I also did some checking as to the reputability of the Movie Prop Warehouse in different prop groups and, from what I could tell, they are fairly solid. (I haven't checked in years now... so I don't know their current reputation.) They ARE still active it seems (the website works) and the certificate DOES claim a lifelong guarantee.

Asking $400. Shipping worldwide should be $25.

So, there you have it. Please PM with any questions please and thank you!

1597946758409.png

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

rugdoc

Hello, I also have one of these, also from the movie prop warehouse..!!

I’d love to know more about that email conversation, might that be possible??

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello, I also have one of these, also from the movie prop warehouse..!!

I’d love to know more about that email conversation, might that be possible??
The relevant info from the conversation has already been shared above. The owner stands by the statement that it did come from the Aliens production. (Sharing it with the buyer is just for peace-of-mind that the conversation actually took place.) There are lots of areas it could have been used, that were not prominent on screen, and MPWH seemed to think it came from somewhere on the Narcissus set.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Prop Store