Aliens: Fireteam new Aliens game coming this summer

Riceball

Master Member
I just saw this today, and up until today, I had no idea this game was even in the works. The description isn't very detailed, but I think that it might be some sort of online co-op game, but I'm not sure. All I do know is that, for some reason, they didn't all of the original sound effects for the pulse rifles and smart guns, which is very disappointing since, to me, that was a big part of the movie, the iconic sound of these weapons firing. Definitely something I'm going to keep my eye on but if it is an online co-op, then I won't be picking it up since I don't do co-op or PvP, online or offline, that's never been something I particularly enjoyed.

I just saw this today, and up until today, I had no idea this game was even in the works. The description isn't very detailed, but I think that it might be some sort of online co-op game, but I'm not sure. All I do know is that, for some reason, they didn't all of the original sound effects for the pulse rifles and smart guns, which is very disappointing since, to me, that was a big part of the movie, the iconic sound of these weapons firing. Definitely something I'm going to keep my eye on but if it is an online co-op, then I won't be picking it up since I don't do co-op or PvP, online or offline, that's never been something I particularly enjoyed.

It's PvE in the same genre as Left4Dead 1&2, Back4Blood, WWZ, Vermintide 1&2. 4 player co-op or less players with the other positions being filled by bots.

EDIT: Some more in depth details on the game. Looks like plenty of customization for the 5 player classes. Alpha build shown so definitely some of those graphics and sound effects are placeholders. Prequel novel Infiltrator to be released in April giving the backstory to the game.

Last edited:
Fans: We want another Alien: Isolation!
Fox: We'll give you another Aliens game. We know you like to mow down endless hordes of enemies like they're cannon fodder!

Im down with it as long as I dont have to play online with a bunch of 12 year olds.

The thing is, I don't want to play with anyone. I know they say you can play solo, but I'm really not a fan of multiplayer period. I've played way too much with immature 12 year olds in my life.

The thing is, I don't want to play with anyone. I know they say you can play solo, but I'm really not a fan of multiplayer period. I've played way too much with immature 12 year olds in my life.
Some people have mentioned that you can play solo with the rest of your fireteam being filled in with bots. If that's the case, it might make the game playable solo, that is if the AI in the bots is any good. Nothing worse than a multi-player game that's supposedly playable solo but in reality pretty much impossible to get far without actually playing it with others. Since it's supposed to be multi-player, I wonder if you can issue orders to the bots if you play solo.

Some people have mentioned that you can play solo with the rest of your fireteam being filled in with bots. If that's the case, it might make the game playable solo, that is if the AI in the bots is any good. Nothing worse than a multi-player game that's supposedly playable solo but in reality pretty much impossible to get far without actually playing it with others. Since it's supposed to be multi-player, I wonder if you can issue orders to the bots if you play solo.
That would actually be really good. I remember as far back as the old Socom games on the PS2, you could issue numerous orders to your SEAL team and a number of other games have had that feature. I remember Freedom Fighters also had the ability to move and give orders on the fly to your team.

Since the game is going to feature a lot of customization I would love to see additional Colonial Marine outfits that were seen in the 90's Aliens Colonial Marines comic series. We actually get to see several variant uniforms and armor sets throughout the comic as opposed to the standard carapace armor outfit from the film.

Also like WWZ, I am definitely expecting this game to get additional campaign DLC in the future. WWZ got quite a bit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back