Aliens (directors cut) or Predator 2

Aliens or Predator 2

• Aliens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Predator 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember getting a foldout from one of my comic books. It had a full body shot of the P2 with pointers and a brief explaination of each weapon. I think it was up on my wall for almost a decade. I was so psyched to see but couldn't get in because I was too young.

As others have said, this isn't really a fair comparison, Aliens is certainly the grander movie and of the two is probably the best. However, iv always been a huge Predator 2 fan and i think it is a very underated film. It is very different too the first and yet keeps the tradition perfectly for me. I agree with Lee though, if the acting had been a little better it would be much better still.....

What's with all these comparrison threads all of a sudden?

Especially since this is a predator fan site, any polls would be too one sided :/ Not much of a point.

I think despite the bias of the forum as a whole, people are willing to admit which is the better movie, and can point out eachs shortcomings, but it might just feel like that here because P2 is so widely hated.

I also really don't get why people hate P2 so much. Sometimes I think it's become one of those movies that is cool to hate. "Oh yah, Predator 2 was just dire. Of course, I was such a fan of the original..." And so on. I think they did a pretty good job with it. Sure, the acting could have been better but I'll live with it. The acting could have been better in the first one too.
I find that P2 is generally very well recieved on this board. Especially since the AVP movies are really hated which makes P2 a masterpiece. P2 does what a sequel should do, it takes the formula of the first one and adds elements, like weapons, the spaceship, the lost hunters and most of all the honor code. I think the biggest letdown of P2 is Danny Glover who just isn't believable as a guy who could beat a muscled 7 foot alien.

Can't wait for the threads about Alien[sup]3[/sup] vs Alien vs Predator and Alien: Resurrection vs AVP:R :mad:

I love Predator 2 for a lot of reasons... The main hunter in it was just more fun, younger and a little more intense.. cooler weapons.. The Leader :mad: ...

So as a fan girl who loves Predator, of course I have to pick Predator 2.

However, stepping out of the fan girl role for a moment and taking a look at what makes a movie great, I have to pick Aliens.

I loved Aliens, not only did it feature incredible effects AND a great plot, it also had well written and acted very believable characters. The characters in P2 were poor at best, you have the mysterious government agent and his hard jawed sidekick ( just way too sterotypical) and you have the gritty tough cop who's too cool to speak out of monotone and grew up on the streets.

Ironically, of course not only was Paxton in Aliens, he was also in Predator 2, although his performance in Aliens was far superior, I did like his performance, though too. But in Aliens, Paxton really makes that scene and really adds something to the whole movie and created a very memorable line. Way better acting throughout Aliens, much better writing, much better storyline.

P2 has got a lot of plusses in my book and I like the movie a lot, but as far a better film all together, the award goes to Aliens. Personally I think Aliens was the best of the Alien franchise too.

I don't know why people hate P2 so much. I see it as a moving graphic novel, and suddenly the acting/dialogue ain't that "dire" anymore.

It wasn't a masterpeice, but it wasn't a bad movie. It was nowhere NEAR a bad movie. If you think P2 was bad, you've never SEEN a TRULY terribble movie.

think a couple people are doing Predator 2 a disservice here, re Danny besting a creature like the Pred. Maybe you're forgetting that creature had just been through combat w/ a special forces team, frozen w/ liquid nitrogen, shot umpteen times and lost a hand. In other words, pretty much fkd-up, and about the only reason Danny stood a chance ~ and even then it was a damn close call.

Acting didn't feel like a problem in P2 despite the fact that it's one of the major complaints next to the actual predator. I thought everyone looked scared shitless, and danny glover actually played to the role of not being the kind of guy who could kill this thing. He gives the sense that beneath his headstrong approach feuled only by adrenaline, he had a good level of doubt of himself and uncertainty. Everyone else? They conveyed what they needed to without going any steps further or back. The ******** were ********, not to mention, ******** that were just hated and not the, oh he's mean but he's cool for that ********, the cops were cautious and believable to an extent, and the predator was... He was a predator. You want to see unbelievable acting with even higher hopes crushed? Watch public enemies.

Gotta go with Aliens on this one. Just a much better played out film IMO. I still like P2 for what it is but honestly if it didn't have Predators in it I wouldn't watch it at all. Aliens is my favorite in the Alien series my only gripes being that it takes too long to get into it and that the should've killed off the queen in a different way. I love the powerloader fight but blowing her out the airlock just makes it look like they couldn't think of any other way to kill her so they just ripped off the first one's ending.

I have to go for Predator 2, I just love the predators new weapons in it, especially the 'dart gun'style weapons which fires those epic barbs X3.

Predator ftw! =D

Aliens for me (special ed or normal)
Me and some mates went to see it on the first week and boy it rocked, they were so scared they watched it thru there hands (They hadn't seen Alien)

When P2 came out i hated it, loved P1 to much i think.
A freind of mine dragged me along to se it and i actually laughed when he got the throwing disc in the guts!
My friend on the other hand felt mortified and she proceeded to beat my arm to a pulp
She was/is a hugh P2 fan.
I made a lopp VHS of the death scene for her :lol:

Since i found this place i have started to warm up to it.

Predator 2. Although Aliens is a good movie, Predator 2 beats it hands down in my opinion. All the Alien(s) films are overrated. The first 2 are good, not great, and 3 and 4 suck bigtime.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back