ALIENS community having 3D models stolen and sold on ebay.

sevenUSCM

I stumbled across "titan props" on ebay. They were selling two different 3D prints of a belt tool and shoulder lamp. Both were designed by members of the Aliens comunity whom I interact with regularly. They told me that they have the following files for sale, that they are using them without permission and that they couldnt care less:

Shoulder lamp
Welding torch
Motion tracker
Pulse rifle
Side arm VK Pistol
Helmet lamp
Flamethrower
Nosteomo Flamethrower

I am a very active member of the ALIENS group and I dont like seeing this. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and let them know that this isn't the way to go about this. They didnt care. here are a couple screen shots. The aliens groups are to important to me to wanna watch people come in and crap all over my friends and steal their hard work.

GAME OVER MAN

Attachments

• titan props 1.png
    titan props 1.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 128
  • titan props 2.png
    titan props 2.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 132
I got them to show me these files they are selling. I wonder who designed that helmet cam.

Attachments

• titans helmet cam.png
    titans helmet cam.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 87
  • titans pulse rifle.png
    titans pulse rifle.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 97
  • titans files.png
    titans files.png
    66 KB · Views: 91
I feel for you guys! Thanks for the FYI and hopefully the word will go around the community at large.
The big problem is that they're untouchable:(:devil: It's getting worse by the day for artists, creators to be immune of that particular fraud.
As soon as you sell a physical model (could be re-casted easily) or STL files, you run the risk of exactly what has happened here.
It's sad and frustrating because we don't have a lot of legal recourse to stop it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back