Aliens Colony Light.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok finally found a light like the one carried by Ripley and Bishop on ebay last night! I was so excited I showed my wife today and she looked at me as I explained what it was and said "another flashlight?" didnt kill my excitement at all!
its a Brinkmann with five settings and it works! It has a smooth top and smooth bottom here's pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109
Thanks should get it this week. Hopefully it looks as good in person as the photos. Is it sad that this is the highlight of my weekend?

NO , don't say that....Im about to have to get a divorce, things could be worse for you....LOL...I say , with the way things go in life....we owe it to ourselves to get the little things which we enjoy....that will add nicely to your collection thru the years , hell wish I had one .....hehe

Well that sucks! So you had it but didn't know you had it! Gyoung sorry about your current situation but keep chugging along and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Good find.

With LED being in everything that lights up these days , can you still buy the tubes for the fluro?

Yeah I belive you can get the tubes. Also bad news about the light.....the seller now says they can't find the light! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will find it.

I may be synthetic but I'm not stupid!
Got the light and it's in excellent shape! Very little to no scratches. Plastic lenses are clear and not clouded. The date is from 1977. I was eight when this was made! Now I need a way to display it. Any ideas? Also was it painted in the film? Here's pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Well, at first I thought you could display it with a HK VP-70, or a laptop computer like the one Bishop uses. But either of those would certainly cost some money and probably be hard to find.

So I thought you could make up a phony data plate or instruction booklet for it, using the Weyland-Yutani name & logo. Wouldn't be screen accurate, but it might give a better hint as to what it's from.

-MJ

Could hang some Bishop dogtags with it to help identify the item with the character-

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bishoppad.jpg
    bishoppad.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Bishop2.jpg
    Bishop2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 412
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back