Aliens Colonial Marines ME3 Hand Welder

MachinaExUmbra

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished weathering my ME3 hand welder print.
IMG_5472 - Copy.jpg

Everything is 3D printed except the glass, belt clip, and electronics (obviously).
IMG_5475 - Copy.jpg

I had to machine out my own aluminum belt clip as the printed one wasn't very sturdy.
IMG_5474 - Copy.jpg

There is a 12v LED at the tip with a flicker effect that simulates the welding scenes from the movie.
IMG_5473 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Full resin print and a hand cut screen. I also don’t like the belt clip so I intend to get around replacing it. Mine was a fun one day build that I’ll probably improve when I get more time to sit down with it.

Full resin print and a hand cut screen. I also don’t like the belt clip so I intend to get around replacing it. Mine was a fun one day build that I’ll probably improve when I get more time to sit down with it.
I searched high and low for the original Hama grip when I was sourcing parts for my motion tracker but came up empty handed. It was also a bit discouraging to see the original’s beautiful custom brass work around the top (that’s a little beyond my current skill set). What I’m struggling with is finding a way to attach it to my kit. There aren’t many references to how it was clipped in, the best I can tell there was a custom lug with a sling hook mounted on one side of the hinge that holds the eye shield in place. I’m pretty sure that would get busted out quickly on a resin print.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back