Aliens Colonial Marines ME3 Hand Welder

MachinaExUmbra

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished weathering my ME3 hand welder print.
IMG_5472 - Copy.jpg

Everything is 3D printed except the glass, belt clip, and electronics (obviously).
IMG_5475 - Copy.jpg

I had to machine out my own aluminum belt clip as the printed one wasn't very sturdy.
IMG_5474 - Copy.jpg

There is a 12v LED at the tip with a flicker effect that simulates the welding scenes from the movie.
IMG_5473 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

BonesAreDollars

Full resin print and a hand cut screen. I also don’t like the belt clip so I intend to get around replacing it. Mine was a fun one day build that I’ll probably improve when I get more time to sit down with it.

MachinaExUmbra

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Full resin print and a hand cut screen. I also don’t like the belt clip so I intend to get around replacing it. Mine was a fun one day build that I’ll probably improve when I get more time to sit down with it.
I searched high and low for the original Hama grip when I was sourcing parts for my motion tracker but came up empty handed. It was also a bit discouraging to see the original’s beautiful custom brass work around the top (that’s a little beyond my current skill set). What I’m struggling with is finding a way to attach it to my kit. There aren’t many references to how it was clipped in, the best I can tell there was a custom lug with a sling hook mounted on one side of the hinge that holds the eye shield in place. I’m pretty sure that would get busted out quickly on a resin print.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.