Aliens Colonial Marine...desert gear

JP05

Still a major work in progress...just looking for comments on it.

DSUSCM1.jpg

Still making it dirtier. Other parts are still in various stages of paint.

Steve

sharp, steve .. I would weather the buckles down for a bit more black to be showing but I LOVE the stippling on the upper corner.

It's looking great.. Was wondering what type of desert cammies to use with it...I think the desert tigerstripes would be incredible, but the new acu's would rock as well.

Keep it coming.

-Rex

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Oct 3 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]1331186[/snapback]</div>
The marines had DESERT gear in Aliens? What have I been missing. It does look nice though.
[/b]

no they didnt

...... its called doing something custom

Looking good. I like the desert Tigerstripe idea, myself. ACU's may be too recognizable as modern day. Also, you might want to look at desert patterns from other countries. Keep us posted.

<div class='quotetop'>(SVTStingRay @ Oct 4 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]1331563[/snapback]</div>
urban camo probably does a lot of good in space, lots of greys
[/b]

wouldnt that defeat the purpose of it being designed as desert camo :confused

Awesome idea bud. Can't wait to see if finished. Might not hurt to put a few scuff marks of another color on it as if it rubbed up against something instead of just scrape marks showing the metla underneath.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back