Aliens APC RC car build.

Woah yeah that is totally sweet!

I think ill have to do the same but a bit thicker than i was planning. Shouldnt be a problem as yours looks spot on. Cheers man.

Im gonna do a throw away cast of the front turret tonight so we shall see how it goes :)

Hey Combust doing my rails was trial and error I hand made mine by cutting out the "L" shape on styrene or was it basswood:facepalm? well booth will work and then 2 strips of layered styrene bent and glued over the L pattern puttied the seams and sanded then molded it. I tried finding a pic of it being built but guess I erased that fold but here's a pic so you can see how it looks and If i'm correct I think Mike had has machined in Metal I may be wrong I may have confused it with Ian Lawrence's build another great APC builder that you can get reference from Mike and Ian's build gave me the inspiration to build mine let me know if that helps. Your model looks close in size to mine from your pics I could cast you a set of rails if you need them just let me know.
Ray
024.jpg

An almost perfect throw away cast of the front turret :) Im happy!

7072252915_18cd78d42a_z.jpg

In addition to this ive started on the rear detail and the turret base.

Cheers,

Nah, but i was aware of the issues. I poured a tiny measure of resin into the botom and let it settle over the barrel area then slushed it around a little. So far it appears to work.

If after a few casts its problematic ill make some vents.

Slowly getting the main body closer...

In that mold air bubbles just sit in the barrel area I had that same issue with mine, try dusting your mold with baby powder it helps the resin flow in the cavity pusing the bubbles out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back