Aliens APC - 1/12 - ** **

Re: Aliens APC - 1/12 - 28 1/4" long ** 22nd update, page 5 **

This is an amazing and inspirational project.

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed. :thumbsup

Thanx for the kind words.

Small update for those interested.

I'm currently mixing worktime with some regular bread-and-butter projects, which are severely limiting my time online. If you've send PM's, replies can take a few days. This is the first time in a week that i'm online, which is like going coldturkey for me in a way.

I'll be rounding off the APC project around the end of the month. The last hurdle, the tires, is in it's testing phase, so should have some nice pictorial updates for you lot soon.

Cheers,

Wasili

Definitely looking forward to the pics Wasili! This is going to be sweet.....

I second Rick's comments! Cool to be in the top five! Cant wait... Now to get a 1/12 drop ship!

Steve

This is insane! Me wants one!
Do you do commision work? Looks like you got all the tools needed for this line of work - and you're pretty excellent at it!

Thanx Rick and Steve..

And yes Frosty, i work full-time as a modelmaker so commisioned work is what i do all the time. Most of the time it's bread and butter stuff like architectural and ships etc.

Cheers,

Wasili

End of the month is nearing Wasili.. I hope you have good news. :love

Update Wasili... Please an update! Where are you at on this beastie?

Thanks bro!
Steve

Impressive indeed, looking forward to seeing this bad boy completed.

Man i wish my styrene work rocked like this. I'd love to have one or two of these. May have to look into making one after all.

Thanx all.

Small update:

The first 3 boxes are packed, except for the tires. I'm getting there, but casting them is currently not fun due to the heat (the next few days are to be even warmer here, supposedly tropical), and each tire weighs nearly half a kilo, so don't want to ruin too much. I might have the opportunity to use a factory vac casting machine for them up north from here, which will speed it all up.

Cheers,

Wasili

Thanx all.

Small update:

The first 3 boxes are packed, except for the tires. I'm getting there, but casting them is currently not fun due to the heat (the next few days are to be even warmer here, supposedly tropical), and each tire weighs nearly half a kilo, so don't want to ruin too much. I might have the opportunity to use a factory vac casting machine for them up north from here, which will speed it all up.

Cheers,

Wasili

No 1. on that list, so you've just made my day Wasili! :thumbsup

Wasili,

Show some pics of the updated castings! We have not seen any pictures of the new master castings! Hook us up!

Steve

Hey folks,

It's a bit of a mad time, so a quick reply here. Thought you would like this pic of the parts that made up the troubled tire. Wheel hub casting on right.

I have overall pics up of the kit parts over the weekend. Working out the glitch with the tires, but i'm not giving up.

Cheers,

Wasili

Wasili-APCwip73.jpg

Wow....just got a headache looking at all that. .... thoughts on a hard rubber casting... like on the 89 batmobile....the tread ring anyway ... thanks for the update!

Another week gone by... any progress for the first five kits. Did you fix the tire issue? Care to respond to the question of the possibility of cast hard rubber wheels?

Would love to see pics of the castings you have boxed up in comparision to the old master patterns.

Steve

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back