Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps

Analyzer

Master Member
These are miniatures from the Gale Force 9 board game

The figures are styrene (or at least they glued together with the normal Testors glue I would use for standard model kits instead of having to use CA)

According to the manufacturer there are 30 mm scale. ( that appears to be the measurement on the height to the eye level of an average height minis )

Based on measuring them and comparing with height's of some of the actors it seems to be around 1/53 scale

for those who may be interested in just the miniatures without wanting the extra cost for the game boards and tokens etc..., Gale Force 9 does have sets of just the miniatures available

The round base is 25 mm ( about the size of a US Quarter) and these are very small to paint a lot of details so it as hard getting the camo as nice as I would like

At any rate, these are the miniature's from the core game. I have the additional Marine's from the Ultimate Badasses expansion, plus the Power Loader and Alien Queen from the Get Away from her you b**tch expansion as well as the Aliens to paint

I missed out on the APC as it was a limited release, but I may pick up the Dropship and APC from Gambody and get it printed out in that scale

Also I might have gotten Gorman's hat color wrong. It may be more of a tan color?

It was also a little hard to determine the exact camo color as a lot of filters in the movie change it

IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG

IMG_5536 (2).JPG

IMG_5541 (3).JPG

IMG_5545 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5538 (2).JPG
    IMG_5538 (2).JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
Great small painting my Friend nice detail I love mini's I use to have a rare collection of every Ralpartha tin based mini's never painted them but did a black wash over them to pop the detail they was cool man I miss them cigar box full, Great work Friend keep it going build a drop ship for um. Thanks for sharing

Looking forward to seeing how things go with their transportation. ;) Have you consulted some of the pics of the original screen-used armor that various people have up here and elsewhere on the internet? Should be able to get a good read on the camo from that...

Very cool my friend, yeowp my old eye balls are doing great, I will be building soon just got to get my glasses I can see much better now. Man the recoop time has been crazy made the walker and took it to my friend then next day eye surgery back on 3rd of Feb wow has taken some time thought I would let you

Very cool my friend, yeowp my old eye balls are doing great, I will be building soon just got to get my glasses I can see much better now. Man the recoop time has been crazy made the walker and took it to my friend then next day eye surgery back on 3rd of Feb wow has taken some time thought I would let you

Nice to hear everything is working out

Thanks everyone!

I still have to get around to painting the expansion set which is the rest of the squad plus Burke and Bishop

Then I also have the Aliens, Alien Queen, and Power Loader/alt Ripley

Looking pretty awesome so far! I can't wait to see the Alien Queen and Power Loader, that pretty much makes up one of my all-time favorite movie scenes!

Also, if you probably have already seen these files, Robert James has a free APC (I have built his Sulaco and his designs are top-notch). I know he also sells the dropship.

I think Gorman's cover is the correct color.
Thanks good to know
That is some excellent paint work, well done!
thank you
Haha Newt saluting with helmet on.
Love that!
They really did a a great job of capturing key moments in both the figures and game play.

With the Aliens running on "auto-pilot" you can try it solo, or with up to 6 players.
In auto mode, the Aliens simply automatically move towards the nearest character using the shortest route possible
You have to be quick in getting through the mission as each turn you take more and more Aliens swarm in the board and if you don't keep moving you get overrun

There is also a mode with the Alien Queen where a player can control the Aliens.

First mission is to rescue newt. You four blips in an area and she is one of them. You have to figure out which one, then roll each activation to try to get her calmed down otherwise she moves as far away from any Marine character as she can. Take too many turns doing so, and the Aliens will start massing and make it impossible to get out

Looking pretty awesome so far! I can't wait to see the Alien Queen and Power Loader, that pretty much makes up one of my all-time favorite movie scenes!

Also, if you probably have already seen these files, Robert James has a free APC (I have built his Sulaco and his designs are top-notch). I know he also sells the dropship.

Thanks for that. I do have a Dropship and APC from Gambody. Not sure if those are the same one.
Just need a bigger printer

Big anticipation. I want to donate the Alien droolings! (y)
Good work!

katsu
:lol:
thanks

Here is the rest of the Marines and Burke from the Ultimate Badasses expansion

ALIENS02-Miniatures.jpg

The "get off her you b**ch expansion"

Since these are gaming pieces, the Queen is probably a bit "thicker" and smaller in places so I may print out a different display model
ALIENS03-Miniatures.jpg

Some of the Aliens
61vwN9ws7KL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

These are miniatures from the Gale Force 9 board game

The figures are styrene (or at least they glued together with the normal Testors glue I would use for standard model kits instead of having to use CA)

According to the manufacturer there are 30 mm scale. ( that appears to be the measurement on the height to the eye level of an average height minis )

Based on measuring them and comparing with height's of some of the actors it seems to be around 1/53 scale

for those who may be interested in just the miniatures without wanting the extra cost for the game boards and tokens etc..., Gale Force 9 does have sets of just the miniatures available

The round base is 25 mm ( about the size of a US Quarter) and these are very small to paint a lot of details so it as hard getting the camo as nice as I would like

At any rate, these are the miniature's from the core game. I have the additional Marine's from the Ultimate Badasses expansion, plus the Power Loader and Alien Queen from the Get Away from her you b**tch expansion as well as the Aliens to paint

I missed out on the APC as it was a limited release, but I may pick up the Dropship and APC from Gambody and get it printed out in that scale

Also I might have gotten Gorman's hat color wrong. It may be more of a tan color?

It was also a little hard to determine the exact camo color as a lot of filters in the movie change it

View attachment 1454243View attachment 1454241
View attachment 1454247
View attachment 1454240
View attachment 1454257
Cheers for sharing just seen this post and have been after something like this this for a while, love the finish on your miniatures as well good job

Cheers for sharing just seen this post and have been after something like this this for a while, love the finish on your miniatures as well good job

For those who may just want the figures without buying the game boxes, they do sell the figures as separate sets as well

They have all the marines from the core game and the Ultimate Badasses expansion, plus Newt and Ripley as a set called "Heroes of Hadley's Hope"

The "Alien Queen" is in it's own box as a single model, and there is a set for the Power Loader Ripley, alt Ripley and Bishop called "Sulaco Survivors"
And of course a separate box for the Alien "warriors"

They did that so people playing the Aliens RPG could also have some figures to use

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back