Aliens 1/20th APC kit is ready!

Ray22

Sr Member
Well here it is guys close to 6 months of work it has been a long and winding road like the song which was what came to mind when I pulled it out the mold, to me it was an emotional momment because during this build I went through, job loss, health issues and eventually losing my apt and having to move in with my parents which felt like the lowest time of my life other than being told I had Cancer back in 95'. But I looked at the APC model I built and said Ray you can't give up now, so I kept working on her then, I found a part time gig to help with my expenses and materials, and if I just sell one or none I'll be glad because I just proved to myself that I could accomplish it and I finished what I began. Its solid I can say that I hand roto casted which was a bee-yotch, the mold is close to 20 pounds so I had to add resin to thicken the walls per side turn 10 minutes and then let it set up a half an hour times 6, Screw that! Lol, Im gonna finish building the rotocast machine I started, modeled after a pic of one that REL did , it will make things easier so here are a few shots of the hull which I will clean, repair any minor bubbles or defect and prime before I ship them I want the hulls to be ready to go when people get them make your mods drill your holes but it will arrive cleaned up. So enjoy this appropriate song by the Beatles and I want to thank every one who lent a kind word, comment, or advice this is not about building a model its about humanity, life, and the sense of accomplishment. No! I'm not crying thats a piece of Damn resin in my eye
icon_biggrin.gif
http://youtu.be/OxWg3DAmTZI

Last edited:
Re: Aliens APC Hull Casting.

Thanks guys with the support of fellow modelers like yourself it really makes a difference.

Thanks Colin, Dv8, Mike,Rob,and Falcon much appreciated, and if I ever talk about trying to make another model larger than 11 or 12 inches Please! talk me out of it, large models = large buckets of Resin and Silicone Lol.

Last edited:

I've always thought the Aliens APC was a cool ride. Looks good!

Re: Aliens 1/20th APC kit.

Got 2 hulls ready and the smaller parts casted this will be offered for sale by next week in the junkyard, if you ever wanted a bigger scale APC rather than the wimpy Halcyon kit this is it, thick roto-casted hull, 30 something plus parts, 16 inches long with the turret up 18 with it down.

Last edited:

Hi Ray.
What sort of price is this going to be as a kit? And are you going to offer a completed/painted model also?
Sorry if you have answered these questions already. I couldn't see it anywhere.
Thanks for your time.

Josh

Hi Ray.
What sort of price is this going to be as a kit? And are you going to offer a completed/painted model also?
Sorry if you have answered these questions already. I couldn't see it anywhere.
Thanks for your time.

Josh
And Josh, I will announce the price and details in the junkyard as they don't like you to do it in the thread and yes I will offer the kit build and painted for extra.
Ray.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back