hi everybody!
i m from france,i m 30 years old
i m a sf movie fan and i ve seen very nice things on this forum:eek
i m a beginner ,i started to sculpt and mold 2 years ago and
i wanted to show you my alien warrior costume
it s an entire scratch build,it took me approximatively 2 years,
the head is p.u. hard foam with silicone mold
all the patches are latex with plaster mold
the head and tail were really big work...

excuse for my bad english...

i hope you enjoy

Awesome work! I thought that was a kit build at first. You have done a fantastic job on this. Welcome to the RPF.

I'm always excited to meet another Alien fan. Nice build lilsparrow, may I ask what is p.u. hard foam? Are you referring to latex?

@ Simul8r : "P.U. Hard foam" refers to Polyurethane resin foam, so it's not foam latex, it's a two-compound foam that is created with a chemical reaction during the mixing, and without heat or curing. It can be hard, or soft, and it's cheaper than foam latex.

Let's say, when you do not have a big oven, it's a convenient way to have foam elements, close to foam latex, but not as stretchy. Some type of this foaming resin can even create a " skin " surrounding the foam core, getting more details from the mold.

@ littlesparrow : Y'a pas d'autres moyens que le système D, de toute façon, même chez les pros. Jolie build, le résultat est là. :)

Absolutely Awesome!! great attention to detail & you make it look so simple aswell, gets a (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup from me :)

thank you very much for your coms!
for the head i try with pu soft foam and it s not good,there is no "skin"...

and paint was made with sponge

i hope i can find an old factory to make good fotos in the dark

head is from a silicone mold,i made 4 others but mold is not made with high quality silicone so it s very fragile

maybe i can do one other head or a torso...but i have other projects and i don t have too much time

you can t find a warrior head in usa?
in france it s really hard to find an alien suit or head,that s why i do my own costume

That would scare my to death if it came after me in a dark alley. Absolutely beautiful work, and only starting to do this stuff in 2 short years is fantastic!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back