Alien vs. Musical

Melonpool

Hi all!

My buddy and I are doing a show as oart of the Hollywood Fringe Festival called "Alien vs. Musical." For the last several years, I've been building hand puppets for TV and film in the "glove and rod" style popularized by the Muppets. In addition to co-writing the book for this musical, I built all of the creatures on a shoe-string budget in about two months. I know they're by no means screen accurate, but they look great on the stage and am really proud of the sheer volume of work I was able to do in so short a time and with only a budge to about $400.

Among the things I created for the show:

The Alien Egg:
IMG_0787.jpg

The Chestburster:
IMG_0631.jpg

The Xenomorph:
IMG_0570.jpg

The Queen:
IMG_0786.jpg

A robt hand:
IMG_0814.jpg

A Power Loader:
Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 2.47.16 PM.png

and numerous other props, costumes and puppets. It's been a fun build, and I tried to keep an "MST3K" sensibility to everything.

If you're in the Hollywood area, please check out our show -- it runs throughout June at the Theatre Asylum.

Use Promo Code: RPF2015 for $3 off each ticket!

http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/2202?tab=tickets

Last edited:
The props look fantastic, even given your budgetary constraints! I'm sure that on stage they look great.

The show sounds really funny too - I hope you guys do really well :)

The response has been amazing. We sold out our first performance and tickets are going crazy fast to our shows. We just got added as one of the "Picks of the Fringe" yesterday and will be performing part of our show in a showcase tomorrow night. We kind of feel like the little engine that could because we definitely have a really slick looking show but made it on an extremely low budget. I hope some of you guys with Alien stuff can check it out and maybe even show up in costume.

So, we returned to the 2016 Hollywood Fringe Festival with a bigger and better version of Alien vs. Musical. After five sold out performances, we got extended for four more shows in June/July. If you're in the Hollywood area, I wanted to extend a discount code to RPF members: AVM16RPF

http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/2202?tab=tickets

13548926_10154250588809378_1522576934_o.jpg
13522984_1030863146969471_160123277361249197_o.jpg

Show dates:

[h=2]THURSDAY JUNE 30 2016, 8:30 PM[/h][h=2]SUNDAY JULY 17 2016, 7:00 PM[/h][h=2]SUNDAY JULY 24 2016, 7:00 PM[/h][h=2]FRIDAY JULY 29 2016, 8:00 PM[/h]

Thanks! It's been really fun! Last year, Ron Shusett came and gave us a glowing review. We couldn't be happier with the response so far!

CastRonClosing.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back