ALIEN: USCSS NOSTROMO 1/480 (Scratchbuilt)

Crazy Hunter

Hello people
I wanted to show you what, what one member of my forum PREDATOR
building at the time, translating to the course with his permission and show Than almost a year, he builds daran.Aber everyone has his hobby.
He is crazy.

The freighter Nostromo from Alien, I really wanted to build in 1995, after I was of the puny vinyl model of the company HALCYON disappointed difficult. But lack of time and apathy I have only last year started construction in June. After I had collected enough pictures on the Internet together, we were off!

s0zo7b.jpg

sg28fr.jpg

2v28cp0.jpg

Here are some key figures from my model:
Length: 80-82cm, width 45cm, height: 25cm, built-up parts to complete: about 50000-70000 (rough estimates!), Material: polystyrene panels (0.25 - 2mm), polystyrene profiles of EVERGREEN, Etched parts of BUT, and various kit parts from the grab bag.

The first pictures were taken last year and are no longer part of date because I had to build some parts from scratch.

The gross structure of polystyrene plates, along a nearly full-scale Boeing 747 (1 / 500)

vi330i.jpg

2nlbyvo.jpg

20u4lqq.jpg

Build the right engine mount made from polystyrene, half round profiles (3mm) from EVERGREEN and parts from the grab bag. The four heat-protection flaps are attached to the end I have to build again, as they are too thick.

Rough construction with 2mm thick poly-plates! So that the corners are all equal and some to spare me unnecessary grinding, I've replaced with the exception of the corners and round profiles.
2ceqcy1.jpg

After filling and sanding work began the construction of the corrugated surface structure with over 200 half-round moldings.
34t3kae.jpg

Next, the excess material removed and pasted parts from the grab bag.
2hy837p.jpg

To save weight and cost, I got the engine mounts the same structure cast friendly.
hu3up5.jpg

eia5cm.jpg

tajz1h.jpg

Engine bracket from 1 / 35 tank parts and round of EVERGREEN
10pufye.jpg

bvdhv.jpg

last step was made with poly-sections and various model and etched the surface structure of the finished components and primed.
25ssnev.jpg

2ebfgg6.jpg

I need to change the docking was also (from Halcyon not implemented properly!)

Dock of Halcyon model adopted.
707s5z.jpg

Original film model (or what is left of it!).
2gy24xl.jpg

The add-on drives that are located above the dock area were built from parts of a roughly 1 / 35 V-2 rocket from DRAGON. The grooves, I'm from 0.25 x 0.25 mm profiles EVERGREEN simulated. The flaps were made entirely from various strong poly-plates and profiles. The last came a few etched parts and a first layer of primer on it.
vgltft.jpg

oqzziv.jpg

in4le9.jpg

qnrb6c.jpg

The flaps were (like most parts!) Only fixed temporarily with double sided tape to be able to possibly later still make casts of the finished model.

Structure of the central main drive and the two additional engines.
For these devices, I'm almost three months and over 5000 parts needed! The gross structure was constructed from 2mm thick plates and poly-poly with various profiles, etched and everything fitted the grab bag by Bills.

Average size of the components that were used
2vljhjl.jpg

152ye52.jpg

Construction
2rr5rid.jpg

2yowyo0.jpg

nb6r2c.jpg

9rt0kz.jpg

2vcga9w.jpg

2d7dmw8.jpg

nzg477.jpg

Size compared to the model of HALCYON
fxukph.jpg

primed ready! The end pieces and the pipes of the two additional engines are still missing (have not quite finished!)
oix3s2.jpg

1jow9s.jpg

snnlgk.jpg

2chs7c6.jpg

rk9bes.jpg

2u5vw3r.jpg

vsfihz.jpg

Construction of the three main engines!
After a long search for cups that I could use for the three main engines, I found some wine glasses made of polycarbonate, the fit. The diameter was OK but unfortunately had the glasses no arch but a straight shape, and after some back and forth, if I do I use things as they are, I am in the end decided to jet to miss a curved shape.

Template (HALCYON MODEL)

25g598n.jpg

First time down the unnecessary junk, ...
ouodpy.jpg

. And all the ground!
2qxsvpg.jpg

Next step: Two Halbrundpolystreifen stick to force a round ...
1551apj.jpg

...fummel and thick with Polystreifen (1mm, 2mm wide, 210 pieces per nozzle) the coarse structure.
15f2e6d.jpg

After the grinding work of construction was carried out with different poly profiles as well as model and etched and the primer. When the jets are, however, only the cable housing ready, because I have not yet found the right parts for the inside (see 2nd photo)! Also missing the whole bumper (see third photo) and the doors.
ngf2hs.jpg

2q3ccw5.jpg.png

w6xsgm.jpg.png

Lateral antennae!

FYI: The Nostromo has the right and left of the forward fuselage of three antenna boom.

My first two versions of the rear antenna implementation, lack of templates that were not too outstanding.
ok4k1e.jpg

After a long search I finally found photos of the studio model!
23m3rxk.jpg

he newly-built antennas for my model of poly-profiles of EVERGREEN, etched by BUT and model components from the grab bag (7.0 to 7.8 cm long).

The rear antennas from both 37 parts.
ok1qo9.jpg

2088oe1.jpg

The mean antennas each 47 parts.
xpc1t2.jpg

The front antenna from each of 38 parts.
2v2xo46.jpg

vykqh3.jpg

The finished antenna for a page.
2s6okt1.jpg

33bij2e.jpg

Thrusters, antenna and satellite dish boom!

FILMMODELL (restaurierte Modell!)

The restored control jets agree roughly with those of the original line (no curvature, extra parts!).
1zb88r4.jpg

At the front was also improvised antenna boom (looks better than the original one!).
2ivi98n.jpg

The dish also slightly modified.
dfag0i.jpg

MY PARTS

The thrusters (still with no details!) Which I use for my model come from three COLUMBIA AND EAGLE kits by Revell.

The large antenna boom I built up from 173 parts! At the top of the antenna from the Halcyon model, in the middle of my first attempt and below the new antenna.
2ewmqt0.jpg

sv2l4j.jpg

2s84gfr.jpg

ilal4w.jpg

2e6hu08.jpg

v4ordi.jpg

14b2fm9.jpg

The parabolic mirror (21 parts) was made from various tank parts (1 / 35).
33z7h28.jpg

2j3k136.jpg

25tu45t.jpg

2djduzs.jpg

mjpiwz.jpg

FRONT HULL CONSTRUCTION!

I've made for the next few days / weeks, the front part of fertigzubauen Rumpe! After the part was already published at least four months in a box to its completion and out of sight, I took that a few days ago when unpacking almost a heart attack. Since I made the ignorance in some places Hull stiffened with cross bars was not enough, was the whole upper Polyplatte curved inwards and was in the middle of about 4 mm height difference from the outer edges. After some reflection if I complete the new building part, I decided to be an emergency surgery! :-D

On the bottom I have a DREMEL only times the lower plate cracked, then an armored tank and poly-strip glued to the curved body, fixed with a clamp and finally an outer layer applied spackle.
dc3qfp.jpg

25u4hoh.jpg

This one gets an impression of the size, I have to compare mal'ne water bottle and put the component of HALCYON addition to the forward fuselage.
nf4mrs.jpg

5jsfa0.jpg

Did the hull structure to align on a Drockendock shipped and found that I had fudged again outstanding. Since I have not the angle from the hull of the Halcyon model adopted exactly, gaped at the joint of the front and rear fuselage a 4mm wide gap. The joint between the fuselage and cockpit also had to be corrected, as this angle is not even true.

BEFORE!
1sz5o3.jpg

rac41z.jpg

1tlicw.jpg

AFTER!
eg7s43.jpg

dqkl6q.jpg

2wqwh34.jpg

COARSE STRUCTURE AND THE ANTRIEBSGONDELN the bow!

The bridge in comparison to the Halcyon model.
ih0c2b.jpg

23wlgs8.jpg

The right-hand drive car! In addition, the component of the Halcyon-model and a water bottle for size comparison.
ve5imf.jpg

sctjsi.jpg

oiue00.jpg

The left side is almost done with poly-and model components fitted! In two of the four tracks come later still turn the antenna structures. The cockpit (with double sided tape fixed!), I've now also begun and will be built as a separate module to the cast of the bridge to avoid too large undercuts.
vgwur.jpg

5nw701.jpg

To may resort to the rounded corners just like the original model, poly-I profiles (2 x 0.25 mm) were used. After I applied glue and easily adapted to the moldings, I have a stylus to the inverted profile strip down in the corner.

Original film model
15fljbb.jpg

My component
20tlb7k.jpg

Links to manufacture the right, the raw edges.
111unns.jpg

The depression in the middle I've changed since this was not the Halcyon model implemented correctly (too flat!).
2i26adj.jpg

smzu2v.jpg

As soon the van bodies replicated and covers the remaining vacancies on the frame with 0.5 mm thick poly.

After several attempts to fits of madness and the loss of some tufts of hair, I've's finally done and everything fits!

The structure was associated with several difficulties, since I have the bridge as a separate component was wollte.Hauptproblem that the bridge has seven different angles, six of which must match with those from the head.

Bridge and head from side and from above.
11r6fib.jpg

5nq1wx.jpg

Due to the sloping structure, the bridge must be pushed from above.
2lrfyd.jpg

Until the connection points of the two pieces so fitted, tens of trials were necessary.
ndabkn.jpg

6915as.jpg

t4xv0g.jpg

989cnn.jpg

8yvy35.jpg

4tpnvn.jpg

Details from the middle ditch.
b7m4uq.jpg

16gajh4.jpg

2i10c5d.jpg

70i4r5.jpg

x3e4op.jpg

It runs, but slowly, very laaaangsam I'll finish! , D

The foundation is now built and primed.
jic1mb.jpg

9thbf8.jpg

k30fom.jpg

19tj80.jpg

256fs75.jpg

It looks almost finished, but the bow and the cockpit is missing a lot.
aaeqti.jpg

It is finished and I'm actually finished before my retirement. : D

Only mal'ne overview of all components for which I have needed a total of about 3650 parts.
mawha0.jpg

Since the individual modules are again fixed with double sided tape it is possible that some parts are not straight or to see gaps.
29wlchl.jpg

vscdxi.jpg

wmky9s.jpg

8xsvma.jpg

24gu1b8.jpg

2liv97d.jpg

34rf821.jpg

25sls11.jpg

5n0s35.jpg

14izbk9.jpg

fn64ra.jpg

9iz9fn.jpg

ojktbk.jpg

The cockpit glazing I would still drain (clear resin), so did the part built only once!
xws9w.jpg

bjh306.jpg

War'ne beautiful work Fummel hinzufeilen the little thing! Overall, there is the cockpit glazing from 16 parts. The framework consists of 0.25 x0, 5mm thick moldings, which I have dyed black to ever see something else (I have no magnifying glass!
e69lxl.jpg

sep1eb.jpg

s0zo7b.jpg

sg28fr.jpg

2v28cp0.jpg

vi330i.jpg

2nlbyvo.jpg

20u4lqq.jpg

2ceqcy1.jpg

34t3kae.jpg

2hy837p.jpg

hu3up5.jpg

eia5cm.jpg

tajz1h.jpg

10pufye.jpg

bvdhv.jpg

25ssnev.jpg

2ebfgg6.jpg

707s5z.jpg

2gy24xl.jpg

vgltft.jpg

oqzziv.jpg

in4le9.jpg

qnrb6c.jpg

2vljhjl.jpg

152ye52.jpg

2rr5rid.jpg

2yowyo0.jpg

nb6r2c.jpg

9rt0kz.jpg

2vcga9w.jpg

2d7dmw8.jpg

nzg477.jpg

fxukph.jpg

oix3s2.jpg

1jow9s.jpg

snnlgk.jpg

2chs7c6.jpg

rk9bes.jpg

2u5vw3r.jpg

vsfihz.jpg

25g598n.jpg

ouodpy.jpg

2qxsvpg.jpg

1551apj.jpg

15f2e6d.jpg

ngf2hs.jpg

2q3ccw5.jpg.png

w6xsgm.jpg.png

ok4k1e.jpg

23m3rxk.jpg

ok1qo9.jpg

2088oe1.jpg

xpc1t2.jpg

2v2xo46.jpg

vykqh3.jpg

2s6okt1.jpg

33bij2e.jpg

1zb88r4.jpg

2ivi98n.jpg

dfag0i.jpg

2ewmqt0.jpg

sv2l4j.jpg

2s84gfr.jpg

ilal4w.jpg

2e6hu08.jpg

v4ordi.jpg

14b2fm9.jpg

33z7h28.jpg

2j3k136.jpg

25tu45t.jpg

2djduzs.jpg

mjpiwz.jpg

dc3qfp.jpg

25u4hoh.jpg

nf4mrs.jpg

5jsfa0.jpg

1sz5o3.jpg

rac41z.jpg

1tlicw.jpg

eg7s43.jpg

dqkl6q.jpg

2wqwh34.jpg

ih0c2b.jpg

23wlgs8.jpg

ve5imf.jpg

sctjsi.jpg

oiue00.jpg

vgwur.jpg

5nw701.jpg

15fljbb.jpg

20tlb7k.jpg

111unns.jpg

2i26adj.jpg

smzu2v.jpg

11r6fib.jpg

5nq1wx.jpg

2lrfyd.jpg

ndabkn.jpg

6915as.jpg

t4xv0g.jpg

989cnn.jpg

8yvy35.jpg

4tpnvn.jpg

b7m4uq.jpg

16gajh4.jpg

2i10c5d.jpg

70i4r5.jpg

x3e4op.jpg

jic1mb.jpg

9thbf8.jpg

k30fom.jpg

19tj80.jpg

256fs75.jpg

aaeqti.jpg

mawha0.jpg

29wlchl.jpg

vscdxi.jpg

wmky9s.jpg

8xsvma.jpg

24gu1b8.jpg

2liv97d.jpg

34rf821.jpg

25sls11.jpg

5n0s35.jpg

14izbk9.jpg

fn64ra.jpg

9iz9fn.jpg

ojktbk.jpg

xws9w.jpg

bjh306.jpg

e69lxl.jpg

sep1eb.jpg

Wow that is super detailed.I really like how you showed the building process.Nice job.May I ask how long it took?

Daren

This is why models, whilst being labour intensive, will always look cooler than too smooth CGI-shots IMO... It has heaps of personality. Love it!

Update

Here are the first pictures ever of my Dio for the Nostromo (Erzraffinerie on Thedus)

The first three of 12 individual segments are half finished! Left side from the picture you can already see some of the landing platform. I used the grab bag as much edible.

Hope to finally get out my kits, so I can finished, the landing platform!

14xfq07.jpg

rif2ht.jpg

ejhgkx.jpg

344ur8o.jpg

10ia03r.jpg

2rmqv6f.jpg

2mq5dog.jpg

qozs5g.jpg

14xfq07.jpg

rif2ht.jpg

ejhgkx.jpg

344ur8o.jpg

10ia03r.jpg

2rmqv6f.jpg

2mq5dog.jpg

qozs5g.jpg

The Erzraffinerie isht out of class. I mean, there was even a picture of a fan created, which shows the Nostromo on Thedus.

Until it is finished my Member says it will take 1 years

rli4ig.jpg

rli4ig.jpg

Hello Guys If so much time has not had the last weeks to weiterbauen (extra hours, hence, world championship, nice weather), gives to report it only little progress.:dontknow:

I have stuck together the first two segments meanwhile to 95% ready and with each other! Red of four big ones and two small silos I have merged from Brick-red, white and black of REVELL; three silos got an aluminium painting of MODEL AIR. After the spraying all silos triple washing with very watered black colour agreed. The rest of the Dio's has varnished I with a ferrous colour and has brought after two-day drying time with oxidation means to the grate, the chimneys in the background are not quite ready yet. As usual, the colours on the photo are easily falsified and look in really differently!

34eur78.jpg

2rzs1oo.jpg

rc8x89.jpg

2rmbf5c.jpg

bdl0xs.jpg

333el5j.jpg

5cyft1.jpg

2a4x1n9.jpg

2n27ah.jpg

20gnn2f.jpg

16gncxl.jpg

1jxlra.jpg

2urq8sj.jpg

2rr7zgi.jpg

2gsjz0j.jpg

2r3fksj.jpg

rc93xd.jpg

bgai5c.jpg

2uqk8b9.jpg

ve536s.jpg

33epges.jpg

2csa1sh.jpg

xlwnti.jpg

2d0dfyp.jpg

67jg8w.jpg

k0qe0y.jpg

119mpf5.jpg

2ufcdbt.jpg

2rqlts8.jpg

23tlc2s.jpg

nf3ams.jpg

34eur78.jpg

2rzs1oo.jpg

rc8x89.jpg

2rmbf5c.jpg

bdl0xs.jpg

333el5j.jpg

5cyft1.jpg

2a4x1n9.jpg

2n27ah.jpg

20gnn2f.jpg

16gncxl.jpg

1jxlra.jpg

2urq8sj.jpg

2rr7zgi.jpg

2gsjz0j.jpg

2r3fksj.jpg

rc93xd.jpg

bgai5c.jpg

2uqk8b9.jpg

ve536s.jpg

33epges.jpg

2csa1sh.jpg

xlwnti.jpg

2d0dfyp.jpg

67jg8w.jpg

k0qe0y.jpg

119mpf5.jpg

2ufcdbt.jpg

2rqlts8.jpg

23tlc2s.jpg

nf3ams.jpg

I can't believe that I missed this I admire the time it takes to do this kind of stuff you can forget me ever doing anything like this I mean it will take years just to do my suit, so my hats off to the Creater. :)

That looks gorgeous... I guarantee if you make molds of the parts, people will gladly buy casts :). Keep up the awesome work!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back