Alien statue restoration

frosty

Sr Member
Well a friend of mine has a lot of statues etc, one of them, an Alien, had started to degrade quite badly, An Alien statue, oversized, roughly ten feet tall, made of latex and polyfoam, don't know the maker.
It had been constructed over a steel armature, unfortunately the metal had not been covered, it needs a barrier between it and the foam and latex, as bare metal rots foams and latex quite quickly.
here it is before i got to work on it
DSCF0139.jpg

you can see the joints separating in this pic
DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

the hand was really degraded, i had to strip out the foam, and replace it, also had to do this in the forearms and other places, after stabilising everything as best as i could, i repainted the figure, it had been painted bright blue and pink, i covered that with black and silver, with other highlights here and there, ideally i would have loved to do a more detailed paintjob, but time and budget didn't allow.
He wanted an inner tongue making, and lots of drool, he loved the yellow drool, (which was actually old epoxy,) so i added more and will colour it to match on monday.
DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0153.jpg

working on a few other bits for him soon

Great job on the restoration.

I would have been tempted to make the entire statue to be more accurate by making a new head and hands.

OH MY GOD !!! you do realise everything in that room is welcome to the Prop Party :love

Great Job mate looking forward to seeing the end results :thumbsup

cheers everyone, yeah he has some cool stuff, the lower floor of his club is packed witrh stuff, he has this display area behind glass
DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

The R2 in this pic has motors in lights etc, and its stuck in here, with his head on backwards, i need to get in and remove the batterys from it, i'm sure they'll damage it if left in and not used

cheers everyone, yeah he has some cool stuff, the lower floor of his club is packed witrh stuff, he has this display area behind glass
DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

The R2 in this pic has motors in lights etc, and its stuck in here, with his head on backwards, i need to get in and remove the batterys from it, i'm sure they'll damage it if left in and not used

Holy cow, thats a prop party venue right there :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back