ALIEN Statue cast in Bronze (1979 Movie version)

Thank you all for the kind words again. Here are some more pictures of the 4th cast, now with the POM-base installed:

IMG_7522 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7555 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7526 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7533 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7535 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7539 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7540 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7542 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7545 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7546 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7548 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7552 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7553 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7531 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7557 Kopie 2.JPG

Thank you all again. I wish you a happy new year and hope all of you and your families are fine.

here's the wax work for Alien number 5. Again a massive resculpted version. It's kind of a commisioned work for a friends friend. This guy had pretty clear ideas of what he wanted so it's a customized figure for him with a completely new mouth featuring inner jaw and a dynamic attacking pose. Looking forward to see the bronze figure without all these support structures, even tough the pose is not my personal favorite.

IMG_7728 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7729 Kopie.JPG

IMG_7745.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7739.JPG

IMG_7740.JPG

this is the pouring system and the ventilation construction for the bronze cast before molding.

Foto-0176.jpg

Today I was thinking a bit about the last 3 Aliens to come and how I want to make them. The next one, number 8, will be my favorite pose, just like the one above. But without the steel teeth.
For the last two I want to go a little bit more experimental. I am not sure, what the last one will look like, but for number 9 I will go for this:

06bcdee76c8067f13e61be7c5ce7653c Kopie.jpg

I really like the look of the pipes on the back and I want to try something for the closed mouth...
As you know, the lips, just like the dome, were transparent, so you can see the teeth underneath.

zY4yZYP.jpg

Of course, when working with bronze or metal, its hard to do those transparent effects, if you'r not willing to use resin or something like that. For the dome I used some different patina technics to create shades of silver, bronze and darker colors to give some of the Aliens a slightly transparency appearance. But for the teeth I cant do that because the area is much too small. So over the last days the idea grew in my mind, some sort of intarsia would be nice. Just like the stainless steel teeth from the Aliens before, but covered nearly completely with bronze. The steel should be there just for the color.

here is the wax head with the steel already sculpted in, so you can imagine what it will be:

IMG_7881.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

The iron coming out on top of the head is welded onto the teeth from behind and should hold them in place when the wax is burned away. The other steel teeth were held in place by the mould pretty well. but here it is almost no surface. The iron will be cut out of the bronze after the cast and the cut can be welded.
The area around the lips will be grind down a little bit more after casting, but thats more or less what it will be. What do you think?
I somehow like this, especially because there are almost no statues with closed lips out there. The only one coming to my mind is the big Neca figure.
Of course the Alien showing its teeth is much more menacing.

Here is the finished number 7:

IMG_7892 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7893 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7894 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7895 Kopie 2.jpg

IMG_7896 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7898 Kopie 2.jpg

IMG_7901 Kopie 2.jpg

IMG_7903 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7904 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7906 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7926 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7916 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7921 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7923 Kopie 2.jpeg

IMG_7917 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7914 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7925 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7908 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7910 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7911 Kopie 2.JPG

IMG_7920 Kopie 2.JPG

Now, in bronze, the legs seem a little bit stiff, but well, it is, what it is now. But I really like the head that got a nice transparent look with the patina. Also the shape of the front area and its reflection let me see see kind of a skull in there. The teeth came out very nice too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back