Alien.....Ridley Scott`s alternate ending.

Sometimes even great directors need to be reigned in. It's not always a bad thing for checks and balances on creative power.
ALIEN was the product of so many creative geniuses. Taking the best from all of them I think.

ALIEN is a film where there becomes a massive emotional investment in Ripley, it really would have robbed the audience.
I get his thinking towards a real HORROR ending, but man ALIEN has so much horror and tension already, not
to mention the standard jacking with you ending.. it's dead, oh wait no it isn't.. BOO!
Besides Jonesy must survive at all costs! I don't think the Alien would have taken care of him.
It would have of course added the aspect that yeah this thing is very intelligent and it's spoofing a human to
get it's species to more fertile ground, bushwack the rescue team.

Anyways, fun to think about.

How can that creature talk with that big "penis/teeth/extension in its mouth:behave:rolleyes I would take that news, from SRS, (first I hear about it) with a huge grain of salt!. He seems to come-up with "versions" of his movies, years after the fact (Deckard is a Replicant...anyone?) Now this...

Sorry, but your comment reminded me of this:

Scott has had some brilliant ideas, but this one (and yeah, Deckard being a replicant) are not among them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can that creature talk with that big "penis/teeth/extension in its mouth:behave:rolleyes I would take that news, from SRS, (first I hear about it) with a huge grain of salt!. He seems to come-up with "versions" of his movies, years after the fact (Deckard is a Replicant...anyone?) Now this...

Half of humanity think through theirs so its not a stretch for an alien to talk through it.:eek

Seems to be a true story, First time I`d ever heard it as well, great sliding doors moment. SRS is a gold medallist at ****stirring and wouldn't be surprised if he was giving Jim Cameron a drive by on the way through.

I could have sworn he mentioned this idea, certainly the ALIEN killing Ripley at some point. The Dallas thing I have never heard.

This was reveled 20 years ago. Am I missing something? I thought this was common knowledge :confused

Lots of people here weren't even born twenty years ago, was at opening day of Alien and I didn't know about it either. Wow, I`m getting old.:darnkids

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back