Alien prequel anyone?

This could very well be the death of the Pred franchise, or hopefully, a good new beginning. The phrase "reimagined" is usually not a good thing, especially with something iconic like the Predator. It worked for Batman, but who knows what will happen with the Predator? We'll just have to wait and see. Is Fox trying to wash their hands of the Predator by passing it off to someone else??? Hopefully we won't be seriously disappointed. Why does the Predator need to be "reimagined" and who decided that nonsense in the first place??? Fox needs to change their name to Fox/Wal Mart. They have about as much brains as most managers in the Wal Mart stores, and that ain't much! Best case scenario...Rodriguez and his bunch really are true Predator fans and they'll make a two-hour plus bold and beautiful sci-fi extravaganza. Worst case scenario...they'll kill the franchise once and for all. Most probable scenario...same old ****.

This could very well be the death of the Pred franchise, or hopefully, a good new beginning. The phrase "reimagined" is usually not a good thing, especially with something iconic like the Predator. It worked for Batman, but who knows what will happen with the Predator? We'll just have to wait and see. Is Fox trying to wash their hands of the Predator by passing it off to someone else??? Hopefully we won't be seriously disappointed. Why does the Predator need to be "reimagined" and who decided that nonsense in the first place??? Fox needs to change their name to Fox/Wal Mart. They have about as much brains as most managers in the Wal Mart stores, and that ain't much!

:D
Well maybe its a good thing if they pass it on. If people who are hungry for the story get hold of it then we could be onto a winner...
At the end of the day its the Predator or Alien in a good story that we want isn't it? But if they change the designs too much then it is no longer a Pred or Alien film. Its just a film about some alien thats in a bad mood.
Tim

Absolutely, good story is a must. I think AVP-R had a good story at the beginning, then they added all that teenage ******** and weak human characters, girls with guns, etc. and trashed it all up. My hope is that this new team is really concerned about bringing the Predator up to the level that he needs to occupy. As for the aliens, I hate those slimey fools any way, and I love to see the Preds kick their asses. I think Aliens was the best one of that franchise, and it's the only one I own. I do like the queen though. The predalien would've worked better in the scenario that introduced it in the comics. These guys need to listen to what the fans want and don't want right from the start, and this could be a beautiful (and profitable) relationship. My fear is that they will try to sign someone to clone Sigourney Weaver into the Predator franchise (the same hero/heroine) in all future films. We need different human leads in all the Pred films or it will bog down just like the alien franchise did. Forget Arnold or Glover (a terrible choice to begin with) and go with new people, or hopefully established actors. Do it right, and do us proud.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back