ALIEN Photo Story Book...

"The Book of Alien" by Paul Scanlon & Michael Gross. Published by Titan Books.

Watch out, the binding might be failing. Mine is.

Not a great reference for fine details, either, BTW.

-MJ

Actually "The Book of Alien" was more like a standard "making of" book with early preproduction art, sketches and photos from the production, etc...

I think what you're talking about is a book simply called "ALIEN" edited by Richard J. Anobile - published by Avon in 1979.

It's basically the whole film told with "over 1,000" nice frame-grab stills and dialog from the script.

The text from the cover is: "Man has reached the stars, and it may be too late to turn back... ALIEN The spectacular Twentieth Century-Fox Film - Now the most dazzling MOVIE NOVEL. Over 1,000 full-color photos. Edited by Richard J, Anoble From the story by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett Screenplay by Dan O'Bannon.

On the back along with the description is the proclamation: "Now, the first full-color MOVIE NOVEL specially designed to capture all the magnificence of the film!"

Pretty great reference book for lots of set, prop and model details.

Crap, you're right - and I had them both on the shelf right next to each other :lol

Avon Books. 1979. ISBN: 0-380-46631-7.

-MJ

That's it! That's the one I had. I want to try and find one but haven't had any luck looking.

Ah, now I found it, thanks guys!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back