Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Does anyone have leads on jackets that are analagous to the MK3 RAF Cold Weather Jacket? They're rare and expensive and hard to find in the right size for me. Hoping to put this together in time for PAX unplugged, but beginning to despair! How hard could it be to find a cloth work coat with epaulettes, right? Ha.

Does anyone have leads on jackets that are analagous to the MK3 RAF Cold Weather Jacket? They're rare and expensive and hard to find in the right size for me. Hoping to put this together in time for PAX unplugged, but beginning to despair! How hard could it be to find a cloth work coat with epaulettes, right? Ha.

Well, checking eBay for terms like 'cold weather jacket' or 'field jacket' will yield some loosely similar jackets, including some vintage US Army jackets that do have a storm flap, a big collar, and epaulettes. They tend to have a longer torso or body section, but that could be cut & hemmed.

You can check your local Army / Navy surplus store, if you have one, and the local thrift stores / flea markets as well.

I should be getting an inexpensive used Cooper A2 leather flight jacket so I thought an Alien conversion would be nice.

Parker's jacket used the dark shoulder patch, correct? Who has the best right now? Magnoli or some other source? I'm going to mix it up and use their Gold Bullion wings instead of the blue embroidered. Just assume I'm a former Capt.

Is there a good source for the officer division pins?

I read through the thread but now I can't find the info on the stencil. I think someone here had actual physical stencils they could provide and not just a file to take a sign maker. If that's the case, and you still offer them, can you let me know?

I figure I'm never going to get a Mk 3 Jacket that fits me (need a U.S. XXL and I don't think the Size 8 will do it) at least I can go the leather jacket route.

Yeah, Parker has the navy blue / black backed patch. I think his jacket stencil is in yellow?

I got my stencil from Banzai88

Attachments

• 0014__1_p.jpg
    0014__1_p.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 225
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Parker's Jacket.jpg
    Parker's Jacket.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 212
I got my stencil from Banzai88

Thanks for Mike J. !

Is there a good source for the officer division pins?

I read through the thread but now I can't find the info on the stencil. I think someone here had actual physical stencils they could provide and not just a file to take a sign maker. If that's the case, and you still offer them, can you let me know?

Pins are readily available from many online sources HERE is one. DM incoming regarding stencil.

I haven't read every post so I don't know if this link to a blog post with some good costume pictures was ever posted. Some good shots here

A Japanese fashion company has made a replica of the RAF Mk 3 jacket. The cuffs are wrong and there may be other details that are off.

I have no idea how to order this in the U.S. The only sites I could find where in Japanese so I don't even know the price.

Still, I thought it might be a potential resource for someone. (And if anyone has a lead on those recent UK repros I need a XXL)

Last edited:
Seriously? I've never heard this! Nice! :)

This is from.previous postings

[ATTACH=full]1083257[/ATTACH]
YuriGagarin61

Mar 20, 2015
Nostromo said:
I've been trying to find information and reference material for the "gold wings" patch worn on Brett's jacket but haven't been having much luck... is anyone able to point me in the right direction or know of where i could find one?...
Yes , I did as did others--it is Bullion thread embroidered Canadian Army Para Regiment 1970s or earlier basic jump wings...inverted with a Weylan-Yutani Engineering pin in the middle. You can find some infrequently on Ebay or such.

This item is available on Ebay right now. A different take on the usual RAF mk3 cold weather jacket. Unfortunate that there is only one picture of it, but I do like the lacing/webbing on the arms. And I'm guessing it's a take on Dallas' jacket, with the white piping on the collar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191118-225725.png
    Screenshot_20191118-225725.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20191118-225721.png
    Screenshot_20191118-225721.png
    913.1 KB · Views: 262

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back