Alien Narcissus shuttle model new photos!

GF

Sr Member
Just finished this Halcyon Narcissus shuttle kit, had this model for over 10 years and decided to finish it up, built out of the box just added many small custom made decals to match the shuttle from Alien and not Aliens which is completely different.

Last edited:
Re: Alien Narcissus shuttle model finished!

Im working on mine right now ...I love what you did with the paneling on the shuttle and paintjob....fantastic work ....do you have any information that might help me to paint the Narcissus similar to yours ??? I am not good at painting...LOL...but later I will try after complete, the narcissus interior ....I will need help painting the outside hull for sure, beautiful work , very impressed !!!

No pin-up girl? Naw, looks great and I don't think any decent pictures of that detail exist.

smallnarc7.jpg

Im working on mine right now ...I love what you did with the paneling on the shuttle and paintjob....fantastic work ....do you have any information that might help me to paint the Narcissus similar to yours ??? I am not good at painting...LOL...but later I will try after complete, the narcissus interior ....I will need help painting the outside hull for sure, beautiful work , very impressed !!!

Thanks for the nice words!

I painted mine using Tamiya white primer spray can then sprayed model with Tamiya gloss coat, applied the decals then sealed model with another gloss coat, then applied a black wash using grinded black pastel mixed with water and a drop of dish washing soap to break surface tension, you can also buy a premade wash made by Vallejo ect...
a wash is a very diluted paint and when applied just flows into the panel lines when dry you wipe off access leaving the black paint only in the panel lines and around fine details.

I then sealed model with Tamiya dull coat and applied a light weathering with a small paint brush using grinded black pastel to create the dirt, and sealed again with a dull coat. To be honest it was hard for me to give this small size model a realistic subtle weathering, weathering is not my forte to begin with but it turned out ok.

Gerardo

Last edited:

Thank you GF , I appreciate your insight and the steps you took to make such a beautiful model with extreme detailing. Awesome work !!!

Can't remember where I found these... but they might help. :D

Narc-decal01.jpg

narc.jpg

I was aware of the pin up girl, I just added the supplied decal in the kit, unfortunately I have no way to print a decal myself at the correct scale.

Very nice! I've got this kit. I haven't built it because I was seriously considering adding a detailed interior (very tough at 1/144 scale) and I haven't found very complete references yet. That being said; think I might dust it off and put it together. Nothing like good inspiration.
Thanks for posting.
Cheers,

Fiver

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back