Prop Store

ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pics

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by RICHIES ARMOR, May 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

I have access for 2 days to the original ALIEN motion tracker , the cat box and the Emergency helmet. Anyone need any specific pics??

I will sign back on Sat night or Sun AM. Please be specific.

Thanks

Richie

2. T2SF

T2SF Well-Known Member

Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi

Wasn't that cat cage from Bob Barkers collection? Can i request 360 degree angle views of all items :lol

3. darendoc

darendoc New Member

Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi

Um... Bob BURNS, actually. ;)

4. T2SF

T2SF Well-Known Member

I get my Bobs confused, and remember to spay and neuter your pets at LV-426. :lol

5. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Can you Id any of the parts from the tracker other than the Ice Tray, vernier dial, slider switches, and gully cover?

Would really like to ID the parts I've ringed. Are those parts metal or plastic?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We theorised in the past that the front 'probe' was a metal CRT cover, and the part on struts some kind of cycle milo, or similar. Any thoughts?

Would love to see decent pics all round of this prop, particularly the front panel details and those parts I've ringed. Any help much appreciated :)

6. Birdie

Some good shots of the disks next to the ice tray would be very welcome too :thumbsup

7. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

Ive taken many pics. ll focus on those details today. I do beleive all the top details youve circled are white plastic but Ill try to confirm today.

Richie

8. clanger68

clanger68 Well-Known Member

Wow, you lucky devil Richie!

All six sides of Jonesy's cat box would be most appreciated. :)

If it's not too loate.

Cheers,

Andy

9. aliensarchive

aliensarchive Well-Known Member

Emergency helmet please!

10. Harry Harris

Harry Harris Well-Known Member

Everything please! :)

Harry

11. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

If you don't spend at least 12 hours shooting pics of every conceivable angle, then you aren't worth your salt.:lol

12. Alan Cross

Alan Cross Sr Member

I need you to shoot the motion tracker in the hands of a naked, slender, and shaved, female model. i'll need coverage of every conceivable angle -- even angles that include the motion tracker. Thanks.

Alan

13. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

That thing sure looks like a piece of crap in person. lol!

Oh, and very cool!

14. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

What is the original colour of the Tracker? Some pics it looks like it could be light gray or even silver- others it looks brown or OD.

Kevin

15. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

[​IMG]

16. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

a few shots of the * piece under the drain cover, the CRT cover/ "probe" and any macro shots of the tach/speedo thing on top as well as those parts that Simon circled. Anything that might reveal a part number/manufacturer/country of origin. Sometimes you get lucky like that. I discoverd a manufacturer AND part number on the emitter part of the funky jawa blaster just by taking a close-up picture of the piece.

Hey Simon, any progress? 2 years of looking for an ice cube tray and STILL nothing :cry:lol.

EDIT: In the pic that Clutch posted, if you look at the side of the CRT cover (right side of tube as we're looking at it, about 2:00 position), there seems to be a uniform discoloration that looks like it might be a manufacturer's mark or part number. See if you can verify anything that might be there.

-Fred

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  17. HAL9000

HAL9000 Sr Member

Boy that Jonesy cat transporter sure looks like a Sewing machine case
    my mother had! (in the 70's)

18. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Now that's an impressive ALIEN display. :thumbsup

19. Birdie

No, but I probably have the largest collection of vintage ice cube trays in the north of England.

I use them to mix paint in ;)

20. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

:lol:lol Now that's funny :lol:lol

My tracker keeps taunting me. It's on the display shelf, next to the MR tracker, with all the loose parts sitting next to it :cry:lol.

-Fred

21. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool!

Can't wait to see pics of everything!!

Nick

22. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

I havent had time to read thru the thread yet. Just walked in the door. Ill try to get detailed pics on this thread and answer any questions that I can in the next few days.

Thanks

richie

23. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

Ok heres soem pics. I do have many more up close details and will postb all asap.

Please knowthat I have not studied this in any way so Im not too familiar with the names of the details. If anyone wants to snipe these and add any kind of commnets , manipulate them etc please do.

Richie

Top:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

Side 2:
    [​IMG]

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

Bottom:
    [​IMG]

Misc:

[​IMG]

Note wood grain at front of dowel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  24. clanger68

No Catbox piccies! :(

25. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

I have those as well. Ill post those asap.

Richie

26. Flix4Me

Flix4Me Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for sharing these, Richie. This is very cool. :)

KC

27. clanger68

You are now 'officially' my hero! :)

Cheers Richie, thanks for doing and sharing these.

Andy

28. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Great pictures, Richie.

In picture 13, is there a way to get a more focused picture of that piece? It looks like there may be some kind of ID tag or something on the bottom of that piece and it's been driving us nuts as to what it may be.

And the long probe thing sticking out the front (the CRT shield), are there any numbers or manufacturer's mark on that, as well?

Thanks,
    Fred

29. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

30. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Richie :cool.

It does indeed look like the shoved a wood dowel down the CRT shield, most likely for support purposes. But if you say there are no numbers anywhere on the piece, we're no worse off than we were before :lol.

Looking forward to pics of the speedo canister :)

-Fred

31. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

These pics rock! Thanks Richie!

Kevin

32. stephen210

stephen210 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wanted to add that Mr. Bob Burns was so nice in letting us touch, feel, photograph this outstanding pieces of history.

He is the coolest guy.

S.

33. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

Double post.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  34. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

A Couple more:

Key:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Richie

35. Flix4Me

Flix4Me Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent! :thumbsup

KC

36. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

You had the gahones to pull the key out!? lol!

37. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

I would have turned it on had I known the batteries were still good!!!

BTW: The sounds were operated by a mirco swith under the handle in the middle. I have a pic Ill post.

Richie

38. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

LoL!

[​IMG]

39. Birdie

That's a Vauxhall car ignition key.

Speedo seems to have lettering CH 1 thru 4?

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  40. Rik1138

Rik1138 Sr Member

This is cool... Not that we need proof, but I was going through some behind-the-scenes photos from Alien, and I found the first picture below. It shows two motion trackers sitting on a table on the set of the ship. The one with the egg tray facing us is clearly the one Burns had on display. There's a few scratches in the paint that match up perfectly... :cool

Also note, the other tracker has a hole in the end of the 'tracking tube'... I don't have a shot of the end of the other one, so I can't say if it was like that at the time of filming.

Also, a closer shot of the other side of the non-Burns tracker. You can see writing on the side of the 'tracking tube', and there's at least one piece of tubing missing from his which you can see here... The writing says:
    ELECTRO MAG FIELD TRACE
    And the detailing on the tube looks like pieces of black tape...

41. mik

mik New Member

With all the renewed interest in the original Alien, I have to rewatch it again.

42. Stilgar

Stilgar Well-Known Member

So many firsthand ref-images after all these years... :thumbsup
    Just too cool what surfaces by time!

43. Jonesythecat

Jonesythecat Well-Known Member

Do you have more pictures the Nostromo jacket in the back?
    Thanks a lot

44. stephen210

Little bits.

Okay I cast up a bunch of these. Now to get the rest of the parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

45. stephen210

If someone is working on a tracker or need some of these pm me.

Best
    Steve

46. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Can I just come by and pick some up? :lol

47. DerekStanley

DerekStanley New Member

Who the HELL cobbled that piece of crap together ? The Gaffers 4 year old son? They really didn't expect close scrutiny did they?

48. DerekStanley

DerekStanley New Member

Mind you,Thinking about it Ash did ACTUALLY cobble it together in a few hours didn't he? Sorry mate......well done! ( for a synthetic).

49. propologist

propologist Sr Member

man i do like this , great pictures. Did we ever figure out which Ice-cube tray it is ?

50. jasonw2112

jasonw2112 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow! I'm new to the board, and I'm very impressed! Nice pics!