ALIEN HELMET 3D PRINTED

Awesome dude...yeah I assume there was a pipe looking thing that came thru, maybe to look like venting??

Can u take a pic of the back of the panels please...I'm trying to figure out the surface that fixes to the perspex dome and see if they are uniformly thin.

Is this what you meant by the back side? The lip around the little window is pretty uniform ( if I am understanding your question ).

Ali raw 1.JPG

Ali raw 2.JPG

Ali raw 3.JPG

Thanks again dude...these have been causing me all sorts of problems and your pics have helped me decide how I want to build them. I don't think they are printable in this form factor so I have opted to print the inner panels and greeblies separately and laser cut the 'islands' that they sit on, so I can make adjustments for fitting They look like handmade items that were made to fit and that's how I'll do mine

ALIEN HELMET 11.jpg
ALIEN HELMET 12.jpg

Here are the islands that will be cut to fit the curved panels
ALIEN HELMET 15.jpg

This is the whole inside structure to be printed
ALIEN HELMET 13.jpg
ALIEN HELMET 14.jpg

Ok, the digital side of the helmet is done, finally!

A few final tweaks...holes for cables and back lights and a channel for the breather tubes from the ribbed pipe. I'm thinking the 'fogger' for the breath venting will be mounted in the back pack, which I have yet to model

ALIEN HELMET 16.jpg
ALIEN HELMET 17.jpg

I should have some actual printed parts to show, as soon as I figure out how best to slice it

OK got most of it printed now. I'll try to do a step by step build so anyone who wants to make one can see how I did mine

I decided to split the helmet in 3...across the mid band and separate the back section
zJ2n2XXl.jpg
cj74zhZl.jpg

bottom half needed a new spool...quite a large print
Y5AuTSJl.jpg
wKWVP9cl.jpg

and the back section
5r8i9gKl.jpg

I realised when dry fitting...it is NOT possible to fit the acrylic dome after joining the 2 halves together. so I will fit it when I have done some finishing but before the etchings and paint job.
Acrylic dome 15"
6JvH0prl.jpg

Thanks.
So I opted to make the inner panels by making a fibre glass copy of the inside of the helmet. First masking tape, then duct tape
nGLHsYql.jpg
MjkWdN2l.jpg

Then laying in the chop strand/polyester resin
We2yb3ml.jpg

and ta-da...will cut it in two and finish/detail it
7VOyP0Xl.jpg

Also got the front fascia panel printed...any info/pics of the mic tips/lights would be appreciated
a9ZFdr7l.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how fast you work, but then I remember that you have 1137 clones helping you. Then I don't feel so inadequate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back