ALIEN HELMET 3D PRINTED

Wow! This is great!

Duncanator, is this a casting off a screen used or production made helmet?
Either way, very cool all around.
I was hired to take a mold off of a production casting - not a screen used, finished prop. Part of my deal was getting a casting for myself.
So that makes mine a second generation casting.

Last edited:
I was hired to take a mold off of a production casting - not screen used, finished prop. Part of my deal was getting a casting for myself.
So that makes mine a second generation casting.
Interesting backstory to this. Thanks for sharing. Definitely a unique and beautiful piece to have, congrats.

I realized that the pictures I posted before didn't have good measurement references, so I'm hoping to fix that with these.

GEEK1138, I hope these give you what you need. Let me know if you need any other dimensions or details.
I didn't know whether you prefer metric or imperial measurements, so the table has inches and the ruler is centimeters.
That won't be confusing, will it? :D

Alien 5.JPG

Alien 6.JPG

Alien 7.JPG

Alien 12.JPG

Alien 8.JPG

Alien 9.JPG

Alien 10.JPG

Alien 11.JPG

Once again...WOW. and thanks Duncanator. I am loving your pics and hopefully by re-modelling the basic shape, tuning in to the real character of this thing.
I have been working on the etchings as well...I have modelled them as 3 dimensional objects to lay onto the helmet and print on the model;
ETCHINGS.jpg

will you be sharing the files when they're finished? this will make for a really cool build!
Yes absolutely.

So finally grabbed a moment to redraw the basic helmet shape...which was a lot more involved than I would have hoped. And added the remaining greeblies. Still have a few tweaks to do and then apply the etchings and the interior but I'm happy with how it's looking;

ALIEN HELMET 1.jpg
ALIEN HELMET 2.jpg
ALIEN HELMET.jpg

Yes absolutely.

So finally grabbed a moment to redraw the basic helmet shape...which was a lot more involved than I would have hoped. And added the remaining greeblies. Still have a few tweaks to do and then apply the etchings and the interior but I'm happy with how it's looking;

View attachment 1480687View attachment 1480688View attachment 1480689
I just discovered this thread today. Amazing work. I've been building one of these from scratch (not 3d print) and getting the shapes and details right is hard. I have lots of reference photos if you need them. Excited to see how this turns out. If you're willing to share or sell the files, please let me know.

I realized that the pictures I posted before didn't have good measurement references, so I'm hoping to fix that with these.

GEEK1138, I hope these give you what you need. Let me know if you need any other dimensions or details.
I didn't know whether you prefer metric or imperial measurements, so the table has inches and the ruler is centimeters.
That won't be confusing, will it? :D

View attachment 1478033
View attachment 1478035
View attachment 1478036
View attachment 1478037
View attachment 1478038
View attachment 1478039
View attachment 1478040
View attachment 1478041
Thanks so much for posting these pictures. They are super useful. So this production model mold is the same size as the screen used one, or is it a little smaller? By my calculations, this looks scaled down a bit.

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. They are super useful. So this production model mold is the same size as the screen used one, or is it a little smaller? By my calculations, this looks scaled down a bit.
It is the same size as the originals. My casting is from a mold taken off an original.

Wow!!!! This is an amazing thread. I too am more than willing to pay for files. This work and collaboration deserves more acknowledgement....sigh! A great day to be alive lol

Cheers
T
A
Z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back