alien head and entire suit

batnemo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
just to show you the progress... i know it takes time,but too many project to do... and don't be afraid, the teeth will look shorter than it is at this time,cause i have to make the gums...
DSCN3085.jpg

DSCN3087.jpg

DSCN3090.jpg

DSCN3088.jpg

It looks like you are off to a great start.

If you are going for the Alien suit from "Aliens" then this is the Magazine you should buy:
Cinefex Issue # 27
number27s.jpg

If you keep an eye out on Ebay they show up from time to time.

I'm definitely liking what I see, great start. I just saw Aliens again last night and was still pretty impressed with the special effects and sets for a movie that old (well, other than the ATC, the flying transport).

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Have you given any thought to doing a version with a hinged mouth and a second jaw that can pop out?

-Chris

Love it. What did you use for the main shell of the head? I also looked at your other projects well done. Your Batman is awesome, and the Nautilis is fantastic.

so just to tell you, yesterday i bought some modelling material which become hard after 24h, so today i think i will make the clumb...
this head is made of wood,plastic pipes,electric tubes...
i want to make a silicon mold of it when finish,to cast it on resin
the jaws can be separated, cause i have the project to make them "fonctional" with the inner jaws...
cause this will be part of my new complete ALIEN 's suit,this won't be a replica, cause i love the "mechanical"side design of the first and second movie,but don't want to see the undersuit between the latex partsas in the replica from these movies...and love the "bio" side from other's...
so this will be a mix between all with complete arms and legs,and this head,and with latex parts from a kit i've oredered...

Are you planning on making the top dome out of transparent plexiglass or some other see-through material and have it be detachable, so that you can see the skull and the ridges underneath as seen on the original from the first movie, or is it going to be a solid piece?

The solid piece version is definitely simpler and can easily be made to look excellent.

Originally posted by NoHumorMan@Apr 11 2006, 08:14 AM
Are you planning on making the top dome out of transparent plexiglass or some other see-through material and have it be detachable, so that you can see the skull and the ridges underneath as seen on the original from the first movie, or is it going to be a solid piece?

The solid piece version is definitely simpler and can easily be made to look excellent.
[snapback]1224172[/snapback]​
not decided at this time... think the first one will be a solid piece, but like the clear dome a lot, so will see if i have time...

and as i said... i made this ,this morning...

DSCN3098.jpg

DSCN3093.jpg

DSCN3094.jpg

Looking great. Just remember to do something about the teeth, so that they are not so clean. There should be grooves, etc, to make them look real and used... you know, look at your own teeth in the mirror to see what I mean. Just don't overdo it: little is more. :)

This is really taking shape. Very nice.

Though, is the protruding superhero chin with the dimple in the middle really accurate? It looks kinda weird... but maybe it's because of the light color of the materials... I dunno...

yes, i agree,i have to redo the chin,it's too big, but that won't be a problem...only sanding...
and will redo the back of the head too,cause it's angular, and want to make a more rounded shape...

Originally posted by batnemo@Apr 11 2006, 09:38 PM
yes, i agree,i have to redo the chin,it's too big, but that won't be a problem...only sanding...

[snapback]1224564[/snapback]​

It could be a Jay Leno alien.

this night, i've worked on the back tubes, cause i didn't like them very much...and took some pics with closed jaws, just to see...
DSCN3096.jpg

DSCN3103.jpg

DSCN3105.jpg

DSCN3109.jpg

I have one suggestion that you may or may not be able to do..........I would tip the teeth forward a bit. Instead of them being more or less straight up and down..........I would have them tipped forward a bit...about 15 degrees or so. Sorry, I'm a dentist and I can't help it. :)

Looking super, by the way.

Dave

thanks again...
so little more updates...
DSCN3157.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

DSCN3159.jpg

i've received the entire kit from monsterroom... i have a lot of work to do...
but i've begun it... i've glued the five spines on the back,and have dremeled all, i have to sand more to get a good finish... i've put shoes in the latex feet...i have a head made of foam, and don't like it very much,but mine won't be ready soon, so i've decided to make it...
but as i want an entire suit, and don't want to see undersuit parts like in the first and second movie,i've made different latex parts, as entire legs, arms,back, bottom...

promise more pics about the entire suit,perhaps tomorow, or if i can't,will do it on tuesday...
so the new arms:
CamPic58.jpg

sorry for the bad quality...
but here are the new pictures of the suit...
parts on the undersuit are not glued yet...only pinned and i've not finish all the legs parts...

the "jacket" with spines and tail is good and glued,the tail need to be dremeled,and i will certainly hide a zip on the front cause it's not easy to put on...add some tubes then paint all in black with liquid latex...
think i will redo the neck to make a new one,with better vision....
CamPic8.jpg

CamPic47.jpg

CamPic43.jpg

CamPic21a.jpg

CamPic22a.jpg

CamPic23a.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back