Alien Face Hugger - Mask Cover

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Think it would be fun to make a few latex Alien Face Hugger mask covers.

Started this weekend - drew a sketch, cut from EVA foam and shaped it with a dremmel. Added polymer clay for added detail.
897E66B5-DC89-4967-A339-61DF83965AE3.jpeg
372E0FA2-B373-474A-8DE1-5F8630AB0645.jpeg
47F4030D-2511-41A4-9FC6-00BD67EF23E6.jpeg
3C918F96-BDB6-44A3-863A-D098371E4663.png
B0BE02F8-07BC-4904-89DB-B4A6433DD9DE.jpeg
9389498E-83B4-4FDB-AF37-DB058F40E322.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ah! Great mask for sure...metal wires in the legs?
I embedded wire through the legs and body between layers of latex while it was still in the mold. Very "pose-ible" but without risk of wires coming free or poking through. I think I can improve placement on the next one...
Don’t get me wrong, it looks great but I imagine it’s not very comfortable.
Thanks, it's not terrible -it does get a little warm because the latex doesn't breath. I need to put more wire support in the body so I can bend the upper part away from my nose a little better. I added elastic straps to a couple of the legs that keep it on my head, but it's not too snug. Might be interesting to do velcro next time for a more custom fit.

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What about putting slotted vents along the spine.
Then back it with fabric so you can actually breath.
Just work it, with a cloth facemask underneath, to pickup takeout -surprisingly comfortable.

I'll definitely replace the elastic straps with Velcro, pulling the mask over my head is too much of a hastle (and it's slow)