Alien egg

Yarko

Hi!

This is my Alien egg sculpt. Made with NSP Chavant Medium. It's 24 cm long aproximately (around 9"). I'm planning to make it in resin (I might try a translucent resin with lights inside), and if I have time, I will make a copy in something flexible in order to place some movement mechanisms inside. Maybe latex and filled with soft foam.

Anyways, how do you see it? I didn't use any specific model as reference, just wanted to give it my own feel. Any advice/correction before it gets all covered in silicone goo?

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

Alien Egg -Work In Progress- - YouTube

Last edited:
Really cool, you should make a few hundred and have them all on your basement floor and scare the crud out of visitors. lol

Very good. Did you use a base item to sculpt the clay over?

I used a scrapped dinosaur egg that my teacher made for a BBC documentary (I don't know the title, but part of it was filmed in Spain). Actually, I used that egg as a base to sculpt a dragon egg, and when I finished that, I took it out of the mould and transformed it into an alien egg to save some time and clay.

I would love to make some kind of diorama using these eggs, but it would be way too big, so I guess I wont be doing it ... or will I? :confused

Finally found some time and money to finish this. Made in polyester resin/fiberglass. I might try different materials in the future, but right now I think I will be sticking to this one because it's really easier to get a good painting.

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

Last edited:
The fiberglass is transparent enough to let you see a light placed inside the egg, but for this effect to look right you have to paint it with an airbrush (will do... sooner or later). Also, I've been suggested to use some led candles. That must look really good, I'll have to try it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back