Alien - child sized environment suits

Nostromo2124

Hey folks,

I would like to have some information about the size double suits created for the space-jockey shots, maybe someone can help me?

I’m planning to replicate all 3 (Dallas/Lambert/Kane) for a nice, space saving display and need reference pics/ dimensions or infos of specifications and so on...
After a few hours of googling, all I know is that they should fit an 140-150cm child, two of the kids were 11 and 14 years old, and that they carried different laser pistols, so I’m interested if there are any more changes on the suits...
Except for some pics of the helmet,that’s all I got for reference
IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

If you can get hold of Phil Rae - he did some re-shoots in one of the suits - he was the only crew-member small enough to fit in them. He might have pics.

If you can get hold of Phil Rae - he did some re-shoots in one of the suits - he was the only crew-member small enough to fit in them. He might have pics.

Thx skiffy, that was very helpful!!!
The name led me to this pic
IMG_6299.jpg

Compared with this photo
IMG_6311.jpg
and the help of some photoshop magic, I’m convinced the kids were ca. 120cm, 130cm and 140cm tall:
IMG_6314.jpg

Now I can start sketching out the sewing patterns, this screenshot of John Mollo explaining the suits gives good reference about the proportions...
IMG_6327.jpg
thanks again :)

Edit: I also started to 3D modeling the kid blaster, based on a Webley junior airgun...
I’ll start a special thread for the whole project soon, but if everyone else got infos or rare photos, I would highly appreciate them!!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back