Alien 5 hicks makeup

213ardj

Jr Member
Hi I've never done makeup before but this concept really got me into it so if I were just to do the concept makeup for hicks in alien 5 would it be on a beginner level, way complicated or somewhere in the middle? Here are some reference photos:
Hicks-Revival.png

Hicks-Alien-V-4-512x640.jpg

Hicks4.jpg

Hicks-Alien-8.jpg
\
Hicks-Alien-V-7.jpg

W1044_comp_v005.jpg

Hicks-Alien.jpg
\
GcYGZgh.jpg

The makeup referenced here was done by David Woodruff if I recall correctly.

It looks to be a multipiece silicone appliance makeup. I don't want to discourage you, but doing it how it was done here would be very advanced for a beginner. You'll need a life cast, understanding of sculpture, sculpture break down, snapping positives, and molding. Running silicone and encapsulate itself is also an art form which takes some time (and money!) to learn.

A much more beginner friendly and less costly way to go would be using gelatin to build up the scarring. (You could also use a silicone like 3rd Degree or Skintite to do the same type of build up, but it would be a lot more expensive.)

There are quite a few YouTube tutorials on gelatin build ups, scars and burns and such. I'd suggest searching around and watching a few to see if it's something you'd feel capable and comfortable doing.

Good luck!

Much cheaper than gelatin still is liquid latex. With how readily available this has become, this is the starting point for many beginners, now (including me). You can build up all sorts of of things liquid latex by itself or with tissue paper; both will require experimenting.

Keep practicing and you'll build up the skill and info on what you need to go further and you'll get to the level you see in these photos. As it is, I'll be frank, you will not be accomplishing this level of make-up as a beginner.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back