Alien - 40 Year Retrospective Exhibit at USC - Video

MattMunson

Master Member
Hey Gang! I found out about this exhibit a couple weeks ago and finally dragged my butt over to USC to check it out. It was just one tiny little room over at the School of Cinematic Arts, but it was jam packed with goodness. I shot a little video that does a walkthrough of the entire exhibit. Please take a look, and subscribe to my channel if you liked it!

I also just shot a video of this years costume exhibit at FIDM, and will be uploading that later this week.

Please let me know what you think of the video and if there's anything I can do to improve them. I have been experimenting with a new style of video and I'm always curious to hear about how you think it works.

This is an awesome video, Matt. Not surprising as you always do fun, entertaining and informative videos.

One thing that I noticed, since you asked, was your reflection on the glass at one of the displays. Not a big deal and I'm sure you were aware of it. However, if at all possible, filming some way that doesn't pick up reflections, if possible, would be my only suggestion.

Otherwise, keep the awesoMUNSONe videos coming!

Cheers,

Ted.

Thanks for the Vid, had to mute it though as i was getting a hankering to dig through my road case and pull out the drum machine and plug in my Moog!;)

Thanks for the Vid, had to mute it though as i was getting a hankering to dig through my road case and pull out the drum machine and plug in my Moog!;)

I feel like my work here is done. Lol

And thank you everyone for the kind words and support!!

As for glare/reflection, thats an absolutely valid comment, and a topic that came up while my friend Tim and I were there filming. There are polarizing lens filters that will knock down a ton of that glare BUT i was shooting w my iphone, which has its own set of limiTations. This is a common internal lament when i film stuff. Shooting w my dslr always gets better results BUT its a significantly bigger pain to shoot with and its a mess to lug around. The upside of shooting w the phone is its compact and gives serviceable results, especially when the target platform us youtube.

Very valid point though. I will keep it in mind next time I am shooting stuff in display cases. Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Hey Matt,

I always appreciate your efforts and skill at explaining all aspects of the hobby.

The glare wasn't a big deal. It's the only thing that I could think of to suggest, in reply to your request for feedback. You really did a top notch job show us that fantastic ALIEN+ artwork.

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers,

Ted.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back