Alien 3 axe?

Palantirion

Hello. I did some searching and haven't found anything to tell me if Dillon's axe in Alien 3 was based on a real (store bought) axe or if it was a custom design for the film. I would like to make my own, as I am currently finishing up an Alien hatchet. I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

I thought so too, but if you went down the rabbit hole of the Alien hatchet you'd know there are a lot more that look aaaaallllllmost identical - and you can't tell size or exact angles by eye on most internet pics. I just figured it was probably part of the knowledge base by now. Hope so.

I did my own research to find out that the Alien hatchet is a vintage (different angle on the hammer side than modern) ESE2H Estwing Carpenter's Hatchet (leather grip version)...and then afterward I discovered that this was already posted on RPF - DOH! Anyway, just finished mine tonight, will post soon.

Yuuuup, I did something similar with Hick's shotgun, having featured in a[n excellent] UK TV series - The Professionals [1977–1983] :)

Still, always good to see energy/interest in the Aliens franchise :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If you're not a member of the Aliens Legacy forums, you may wish to join up. Great bunch of ppl there, and heaps of good prop info, too.

Yuuuup, I did something similar with Hick's shotgun, having featured in a[n excellent] UK TV series - The Professionals [1977–1983] :)

Still, always good to see energy/interest in the Aliens franchise :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If you're not a member of the Aliens Legacy forums, you may wish to join up. Great bunch of ppl there, and heaps of good prop info, too.
- Thanks for the referral. Might be handy reference for a larger forthcoming project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back