Alien 3 axe?

Palantirion

Hello. I did some searching and haven't found anything to tell me if Dillon's axe in Alien 3 was based on a real (store bought) axe or if it was a custom design for the film. I would like to make my own, as I am currently finishing up an Alien hatchet. I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Palantirion

I thought so too, but if you went down the rabbit hole of the Alien hatchet you'd know there are a lot more that look aaaaallllllmost identical - and you can't tell size or exact angles by eye on most internet pics. I just figured it was probably part of the knowledge base by now. Hope so.

I did my own research to find out that the Alien hatchet is a vintage (different angle on the hammer side than modern) ESE2H Estwing Carpenter's Hatchet (leather grip version)...and then afterward I discovered that this was already posted on RPF - DOH! Anyway, just finished mine tonight, will post soon.

septic

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yuuuup, I did something similar with Hick's shotgun, having featured in a[n excellent] UK TV series - The Professionals [1977–1983] :)

Still, always good to see energy/interest in the Aliens franchise :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If you're not a member of the Aliens Legacy forums, you may wish to join up. Great bunch of ppl there, and heaps of good prop info, too.

Palantirion

Yuuuup, I did something similar with Hick's shotgun, having featured in a[n excellent] UK TV series - The Professionals [1977–1983] :)

Still, always good to see energy/interest in the Aliens franchise :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If you're not a member of the Aliens Legacy forums, you may wish to join up. Great bunch of ppl there, and heaps of good prop info, too.
- Thanks for the referral. Might be handy reference for a larger forthcoming project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.