ALCLAD II CHROME / GOLD - is it any good?

paulcarson

Hi, I need a chrome / gold finish on a project I am working on . (Indy idol and t1000 police badge) Are these alclad II paints any good? what type of finish do you get? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Paul

I've use the regular chrome on a T-1000 kit ad it looks great. So I would hope the gold would be just as good.

Alclad gold is NOT as shiny as the chrome stuff - in fact, it's about like most of your commercial metallic gold spray paints.

I've read some tricks about getting a shiny gold finish using chrome with a transparent yellow coating over the top - but not tried it myself.

It's not as mirror-like as the Chrome, but like all the ALCLAD line the results totally depend on the amount and smoothness of the surface prep, and how lightly you apply the paint. With ALCLAD, less is more. Spray to thick or too many coats, and you might as well be using Krylon.

c3pogoldbest.jpg

If it is something small, or relatively flat, I'd suggest using some Gold Leafing.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back