Limited Run Aladdin's Flying Carpet: Run Ended

I love this, I think I would need it to be nearly 6feet long and double sided to have a true replica that I could pose.

I love this, I think I would need it to be nearly 6feet long and double sided to have a true replica that I could pose.
Well for one thing, they are no longer available.

But as to the rest... size is tricky, especially from an animated movie.
jpeg.jpg

First pic, Aladdin is standing up straight, and is on the same plane as Carpet. Carpet is clearly standing up very straight, and even at an angle, barely reaches Aladdin's shoulder. Malnourished street-rat that he grew up, there's no way he's particularly tall. That puts carpet at maybe... 4 foot 8?
Barely a few frames later, in the second picture, and Carpet has actually shrunk, now needed to reach up to hand over the fez hat, barely reaching Aladdin's chest. Maybe 4 feet tall now.
Third pic, we show that Jasmine is slightly shorter than Aladdin. Not much, comes up to maybe his eyes.
Forth pic, Jasmine fully stretched out on Carpet, and it's clearly taller than her, by a good amount. Probably hitting that 6 foot mark.

So I can only conclude that, being magical, Carpet is larger when people ride it, and smaller when just hanging out.

As for double sided... this rug is tuffted (lots of videos on youtube about that process) because that's affordable. A true, woven, double sided custom rug, even the size of this one, would be tens of thousands of dollars to have made. It would sure be cool, but I don't think anyone was looking to shell out that kind of money.

Good points.
I've ordered a couple 5foot tapestry carpets from Disney and I'll sew on tassles, cut off the bangs, and sew in a wire for posing like this.
I'm so excited!
Picture3-8.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back