Al & Magpie9's prop exhibition photos

ob1al

Sr Member
As the opening event to the Whitley Bay film festival, Paul & I put on a props exhibition at the Links Art Gallery in Whitley Bay.

The exhibition was followed buy the opening film of the week-long festival, my all-time fave JAWS - on the beach!

JAWS on the beach was a sell-out event - 160 people - the location could not have been more perfect, on the beach with the sea as a backdrop to the big screen.

At the end of the movie when Bruce explodes, pyrotechnics were rigged in the marquee to go off at the same time - everybody jumped out of their seats followed by a huge round of applause! Brilliant stuff!

Here are some pics from the day:

JournalLive - News - Today's News - Movie fan’s memorabilia to feature in festival

My HUGE thanks to Paul for his time, props and display skills - I could not have done it without you mate! Here's to the next one eh?

Al

It was a great day with a superb turn out for the exhibition. Jaws on the beach was amazing, it really was like being a kid again and the audience reaction was fantastic. Hope it happens again next year.
Al, I've got your Get Carter Poster that you left at the gallery. Let me know when you want to pick it up.
Paul

Last edited:
Will do bud, I'll call round in the next couple of days.

Vicki and I are off to watch 'Nosferatu' at the Trojan Rooms tonight - should be good!

Al

What a wonderful idea for an outdoors screening of Jaws. Looks like a fun time was had by all who attended.

Nice exhibit! I especially love that life sized Frankenstein Monster.

Great exhibit Al, I bet the whole thing was a blast!

Love your shark head - I'd love one myself, but finding one I can afford ain't happening! :lol

Can you give some more info on the book you have displayed there - I take it that's a copy of the one Brody looks through in the first film. Would love a copy of that myself.

Cheers mate - the books are National Geographic Feb 1968 and Danger In The Sea by Alec Fraser-Brunner. The scene was intercut using images mostly from these two books, although a couple of images were taken from elsewhere.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back