Airwolf Helmet finished

JasonCash

Sr Member
Hey guys I just finished my Airwolf helmet kit. After many hours of working bondo and sanding to get rid of the seams I'm happy with how it turned out. I still have to figure out how I wanna do the neck seal part.....

airwolfhelmet003.jpg

airwolfhelmet002.jpg

airwolfhelmet001.jpg

Well done! Always has been one of my favorite shows (the first season anyway). The paint job looks great. Didn't I read somewhere that the "mouth greeblie" is the back end of an AT-AT?

Fantastic work! Can you tell us where you got the kit? As a helo pilot and air wolf fan (naturally) I would really like to seek out one of these kits! Also, is it possible in your opinion to motorized the blast shield?
Thanks and congrats on an amazing prop!
Mike

I got the kit off ebay for $80, they pop up from time to time. As for the visor I would love to know how to motorize it. I also need help on making the neck seal part of this.

I got the kit off ebay for $80, they pop up from time to time. As for the visor I would love to know how to motorize it. I also need help on making the neck seal part of this.

I suppose the first part of that would be to know if your visor moves up and down manually...if so, then next would be whether when you put the helmet on if there is clearance inside to house a small rc servo...if so then it's doable!

M

If I was able to find a visor that fit inside juuuuuust right them I'd be able to make it movable but for now I used an extra visor I had laying around and cut it to shape and hot glue it into place....temporary solution

I remember reading about and seeing pictures of the small compressed air tank that Jan-Michael Vincent wore on the back of his belt, that was connected to the helmet visor. If you watch carefully he would activate one of the switches on the left side of the helmet to lower the helmet visor and then to raise the visor, the editors simply ran the film backwards. The same principle applied to the machine guns that extended out from the small "wings". Only one of these machine guns actually popped out, but in order to make it look like they both did and to get them to retract, the editors flipped the image and reversed it as needed.

I still have to figure out how I wanna do the neck seal part.....

Jason,

Go over to ebay and type in: windjammer

You should come up with some results for a motorcycle cycle helmet wind blocker. Maybe that can be used as a neck seal if it fits the Airwolf helmet.

Nice work!

Scott

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back