Airsoft ESB Han Solo DL-44 build

Sup guys!? I ran into a problem. I need to fill the holes so it can be ESB styled, so I had bought some steel reinforced epoxy putty in hopes that it would have a silver look. THAT DID NOT WORK. It's just dark grey. I need to fill the holes and it still be silver. If you have any ideas, PLEASE tell me!!!

Sup guys!? I ran into a problem. I need to fill the holes so it can be ESB styled, so I had bought some steel reinforced epoxy putty in hopes that it would have a silver look. THAT DID NOT WORK. It's just dark grey. I need to fill the holes and it still be silver. If you have any ideas, PLEASE tell me!!!

Depending if they're perfect circles, you can fill them with aluminium round bar and (JBWELD) epoxy them in place and sand flush.

Othewise, why can't you just paint over them? Im assuming your blaster is plastic. Therefore there shouldn't be any reason for it to be silver.

Depending if they're perfect circles, you can fill them with aluminium round bar and (JBWELD) epoxy them in place and sand flush.

Othewise, why can't you just paint over them? Im assuming your blaster is plastic. Therefore there shouldn't be any reason for it to be silver.
Bespin styled Needs to be silver.

Keeping in mind that you will not likely ever get the filled holes to look perfect, here's something you could try. Start by getting some 1/8" diameter aluminum rod (like this: K&S Precision Metals) and cut it down into short little plugs. You could try putting each plug into the chuck of a drill and run the sides against a file to give them a slight taper. Then hammer one of the plugs into one of the holes until it is good and jammed in and won't pop out. File down the part of the plug that is protruding until it is nice and flush with the surface of the flash hider. Now repeat for all of the other holes. Some glue/epoxy from the inside might help hold the plugs in place if you can't get them jammed in there enough.

Once all this is done, spinning the flash hider around against some sandpaper might help tie the finish all together. Or, as Gerard2567 suggested, just paint the whole thing silver.

Keeping in mind that you will not likely ever get the filled holes to look perfect, here's something you could try. Start by getting some 1/8" diameter aluminum rod (like this: K&S Precision Metals) and cut it down into short little plugs. You could try putting each plug into the chuck of a drill and run the sides against a file to give them a slight taper. Then hammer one of the plugs into one of the holes until it is good and jammed in and won't pop out. File down the part of the plug that is protruding until it is nice and flush with the surface of the flash hider. Now repeat for all of the other holes. Some glue/epoxy from the inside might help hold the plugs in place if you can't get them jammed in there enough.

Once all this is done, spinning the flash hider around against some sandpaper might help tie the finish all together. Or, as Gerard2567 suggested, just paint the whole thing silver.
that could work!

Can you please post a pic of what holes you're trying to fill? Just need it for context.
These ones.
IMG_20200406_210044_hdr_kindlephoto-3610992.jpg

OH THAT! yeah. I mean. Yep, as stated before, just fille them on with round aluminium bars if you can get the right size, and glue/sand flush.

Otherwise, most people would fill them in with weld them, but im assuming it's aluminium, even welding aluminium is tricky. You need to fill them in with brazing rods and just torch em.

And again, there ain't nothing wrong with painting them. The therpf user "chubsANDdoggers" has proven time and time again accurate metal finishes can be achieved with painting. (THis was suppose to be an edit on the above comment >.<)

And again, there ain't nothing wrong with painting them. The therpf user "chubsANDdoggers" has proven time and time again accurate metal finishes can be achieved with painting. (THis was suppose to be an edit on the above comment >.<)
yeah, At this point I think I'll just go ahead and fill it using jb weld and use some model master paint stuff

Hey guys, latest update! I've finally filled the holes, added the lines to the knurled middle part, little bit of shaping and filling here and there, and sprayed it silver! I'll probably need to sand a little, ('cause I over did it a little on the spray paint and the spray paint ran a little) and maybe add another very thin coat of spray paint just finish it off!

I will post a better pic in the morning. But this should give you the idea!
IMG_20200428_235439_burst_01.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back