Airsoft ESB Han Solo DL-44 build

Frogfreak

Sr Member
What's up everyone!? So recently I bought an umarex mauser c96. and I'm wanting to first, make it look more like a real mauser, then convert it to a bespin Han solo dl-44.

Here is what I'm starting with:
IMG_20191220_130941_hdr.jpg

Here is the first thing I've tackled:
IMG_20191220_161411_hdr.jpg

I needed to remove that fake molded in selector switch, so:
IMG_20191222_211049_hdr.jpg

Now I've been working on these tube thingy's on the sides:
(What it looks like on my airgun)
IMG_20191222_211118_hdr.jpg

(What it's supposed to look like)
download (7)_kindlephoto-58931035.jpg

this is what I've done to those tube thingy's so far:
IMG_20191222_211139_hdr.jpg

Anyway, this is all I have for right now but I hope to have more work done very soon! And I hope y'all will stick around to see what happens!

Last edited:
While I do other things, can someone help me figure out how I can do a short mag? I can't seem to find a short mag for any airgun mauser with a head that is compatible to this one.
IMG_20191222_225241_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
once again i am very sorry for the terrible picture quality, but here you go. i now have the "slots" in the "side tubes"! (other side not pictured)
IMG_20200321_231152_hdr.jpg

Nice work! For these mags they are hard to be replaced as each Mausers kind of fits differently from replica to replica. Ur best bet is to cut short..

Nice work! For these mags they are hard to be replaced as each Mausers kind of fits differently from replica to replica. Ur best bet is to cut short..
I'm still hoping to have it functional. I don't see any shorter co2 capsule things for these. Maybe I could take the top of the mag I have off, then stick it on a Mag like this:

also that Mauser is not really the "right" model for any of the original trilogy blasters. maybe you already know this but its more inline to what you see in the new Disney SW films.. SOLO:ASWS & TFA. they were built using this style of airsoft mauser. you should consider gettin yourself a denix Mauser. they are more in line to the OT and they are not very expensive. 66-80 depending on the grips. but yours will work for sure but its body requires more work and is shaped a little differently..

also that Mauser is not really the "right" model for any of the original trilogy blasters. maybe you already know this but its more inline to what you see in the new Disney SW films.. SOLO:ASWS & TFA. they were built using this style of airsoft mauser. you should consider gettin yourself a denix Mauser. they are more in line to the OT and they are not very expensive. 66-80 depending on the grips. but yours will work for sure but its body requires more work and is shaped a little differently..
I do know that. This is one I saw on sale for $35-40 though. So I took this upon myself for a challenge! To make it the most accurate to the original mausers as I can. You may or may not notice that I've already made the slots in the side tubes, I've done a little bit of grinding on the bottom of the mag-well so I can have the mag plate in more of an accurate spot, and I've removed the selector switch so I can make some design plates to cover it and make it more accurate. And I have many more things on the way for everyone to see!

the problem is goin to be getting that shorter mag to fit. they are not built universally unfortunately. but it never hurts to try..
Also, I may try something somewhat similar to what's been done here:

Now as you may have noticed, he has the full metal version, whereas I have the mostly plastic one. But other than the materials, they are nearly identical.

And the marushin short mag is extremely close in size and shape to the WE mauser short mag. (I think)

Is there any particular reason you still want it to be functional? Would honestly probably just be easier to hack the mag in half and epoxy it in place

Is there any particular reason you still want it to be functional? Would honestly probably just be easier to hack the mag in half and epoxy it in place
just personal preference. i love airsoft stuff, and if i have something that's i'm gonna build from an airsoft gun, i wan't it to be functional.

The main issue is that CO2 tank, I’ve never seen “shorty” versions of them...and upon some searching, I don’t think they exist.

I would just use the long mag if I wanted to airsoft with it, and then make a short mag out of styrene to put in for when you need it for a costume/cosplay/display.

Nice work so far! I agree with above, just keep the longer mag for use when you want to make it functional, and build a non functional shorty for when you're going for accuracy.

The main issue is that CO2 tank, I’ve never seen “shorty” versions of them...and upon some searching, I don’t think they exist.

I would just use the long mag if I wanted to airsoft with it, and then make a short mag out of styrene to put in for when you need it for a costume/cosplay/display.
i'll just be putting the head of the current mag I've got onto the mag body of the WE-tech short mag. So I'll have a compatible short mag that fills from the use of a can of green gas, or something.

I'll try to take a better pic later, but I have my flash hider! Wrong configuration, I know. (Bought it really cheap, and it's metal) But I'll mod it to be ESB styled later! (I still have some more paint to remove though)
IMG_20200406_210044_hdr.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back