Airfix reissues some vintage kits used in studio models

Tried your ‘ link ‘ . It just took me to a Hornby Hobby site .
Saw brief mention of ‘ vintage ‘ kits , but didn’t see anything regarding reissuing Star Wars kits ?

:cheersGed

They're not Star Wars kits, they're kits used to kitbash/scratch build SS Star Wars models.

Link worked for me.

Last edited:
Hornby ownes Airfix which is why the link takes you to a Hornby website.

Kits like the 1/600 Bismark from Airfix, the Ark Royal were the kits used for parts on studio models like the large Hawk from Space 1999.

I heard that the Aurora molds no longer exist due to a train crash when they were being shipped to a new owner.

I heard that the Aurora molds no longer exist due to a train crash when they were being shipped to a new owner.

Only a few molds were destroyed in the train crash. A lot of the Aurora molds (duplicates, and originals) had been sold off by the time Revell bought the remainder from the bankrupt company.

Revell's owner at the times "recycled" molds that didn't sell well, or that were of items Revell already had kits of in an attempt to keep them out of the hands of any other model companies, a practice Revell used with all it's mold purchases. Aurora kits that had a positive track record would get reissued if possible or stored. It is possible that the Sealab molds were melted down and sold for the metal in the Revell purge.

In the late 90's or early 2000's the heirs of the Aurora founder announced they had found duplicate molds of most of the companies kits, and were going to reform Aurora models by reissuing the old kits. There was a picture of them in a warehouse with hundreds of the black knight kits in the background. Lots of questions were asked but info was hard to get, and after a few months with no kits hitting the market, and few pieces of info talks of the New Aurora Model Company disappeared.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back